UKC

Very Good MTB descent video < Brandon Semenuk >

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sbc_10 05 Jan 2016

You just have to marvel at the confidence and skill of this rider.....Great video as well.

http://www.outsidetelevision.com/video/most-unbelievable-mountain-bike-shot...
 Dogwatch 06 Jan 2016
So he drives to the top and rides down. But the pick-up remains at the top of the hill. Inquiring minds might wonder what was the point of that?

starbug 06 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Nice chilled MTB vid to start the day

Ignore the “unbelievable” overused headline it’s just a cool vid almost choreographed to the Music.

Lot of nice videos on there.
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Jan 2016
In reply to Dogwatch:

> So he drives to the top and rides down. But the pick-up remains at the top of the hill. Inquiring minds might wonder what was the point of that?

The drone flyer drove it down. He's a smart fella, he wasn't keen on the walk back.
 ChrisJD 06 Jan 2016
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Drone wasn't used.

The camera is on a truck driving down a separate track. It's all done in a single take (that's 'the' big thing about the video).

youtube.com/watch?v=B62HbIFu-vI&
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisJD:

> Drone wasn't used.

> The camera is on a truck driving down a separate track. It's all done in a single take (that's 'the' big thing about the video).

1.10 into the video on ur link. Must be a pretty big mast on top of the truck they used then.

I don't dispute it wasn't taken in one shot. Just used various cameras to film different parts, either prep videos or the actual final 'edit'.
 ChrisJD 06 Jan 2016

One camera, one shot.

Watch the film and look at the camera in the first minute.

They show the complete shot of the whole run, in the middle frame, no cuts to another camera.

It took them a month of practice to learn how to shoot it.
 jfmchivall 06 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

> You just have to marvel at the confidence and skill of this rider...

He is one of the best riders in the world at this sort of thing. He's won Red Bull Rampage and the Slopestyle Triple Crown more than once.

It is a great wee film.

madmonky 06 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

It is not a drone. It was filmed by the back of a pickup, then running, then the back of a quad and then I believe back onto a pickup if you read the anatomy of it. Its one of the best long shots I have seen and in case you were wondering it is from a film called UnReal which is well worth a watch if you are into MTB
 Dr.S at work 06 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

changing bike halfway down? who does he think he is - Chris Froome?!
lovely vid.
Rigid Raider 06 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

A DH track like that alongside the Snowdon railway would really boost tourism. The grass would regrown in a few years.
 ChrisJD 06 Jan 2016
In reply to madmonky:

From when he gets out his white truck its a single shot from the back of the filming truck (there are not cuts). No Quadbike involved.

Watch this making-of film

In reply to ChrisJD:

Your patience is impeccable!
 ChrisJD 06 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

It is beautiful to watch, but I prefer full flat out riding vids. These are a two of my recent favs:

Remy Metailler at Whistler Bike Park
vimeo.com/145024998

On board with Dan Atherton, again at Whistler: Enduro World Series. A lesson in continuous flat out riding.
You'll be out of breath after watching this for 14 mins
youtube.com/watch?v=StPeEgz5Cfo&

And found this one today - Adam Brayton going for it on a former WC DH course in Austria
vimeo.com/150519302

madmonky 06 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisJD:
Ahh yes, I had actually seen that as well, I must have been thinking of another long take, my bad
Post edited at 17:33
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisJD:

> One camera, one shot.

> Watch the film and look at the camera in the first minute.

> They show the complete shot of the whole run, in the middle frame, no cuts to another camera.

> It took them a month of practice to learn how to shoot it.

So 1.24 and 5.57 were shot using the pick up truck you're saying?

Like i said, a drone was used at some point in the film you posted a link too.

Anyhow, its a great film so well done to him and his team.
madmonky 06 Jan 2016

There is no drone used in the Brandon semenuk part of the film (he is only in that one long shot). There are in other bits of the unreal film though if that's what you are on about
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Jan 2016
In reply to madmonky:

> There is no drone used in the Brandon semenuk part of the film (he is only in that one long shot). There are in other bits of the unreal film though if that's what you are on about

Yep. That's what I'm on about. And the drone 'pilot' probably drove the pickup back down the hill at the end of the day.

Sorted now I think.
 ChrisJD 06 Jan 2016

Whatever, if you are going to be purposefully awkward/obtuse I give up as I'm just not interested in pointless forum crap. There is just no need.

The thread is about the main one-shot:one camera in the OP link, not the making-of-link I later posted.

http://www.outsidetelevision.com/video/most-unbelievable-mountain-bike-shot...
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisJD:

No probs. It's a shame you can't see the point I'm trying to make but I don't want the replies to distract from what the op was trying to achieve (highlighting a great video), so I'll drop out now.

Like I said it's and awesome short film and all who took part should be commended
 mike123 07 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:
Nice......and a buffalo Springfield sound track which makes a pleasant change from the usual headache inducing noise that I turn off . Apart from the the Danny Mac stuff . Oh and the one shot in Malaga and ....
Wait a minute ...

ActionSte 07 Jan 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Great video. Did anybody mention that it was filmed from the back of a pickup in 1 shot? fantastic
 ChrisJD 07 Jan 2016
In reply to ActionSte:

lol - leave it!
 Run_Ross_Run 07 Jan 2016
In reply to ActionSte:

> Great video. Did anybody mention that it was filmed from the back of a pickup in 1 shot? fantastic

Thought it was a drone!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...