UKC

VIDEO: Throwback, ~8C, first ascent by Timy Fairfield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Jan 2016
Timy Fairfield, 3 kbTimy Fairfield, 45, has made the first ascent of Throwback, for which he suggests V15/8C.

This brilliant test-piece is steep, elegantly choreographed, gymnastically specific, savagely powerful, explosive, absolutely hard and 100% natural - the way I like it!

Timy competed internationally in...

Read more
 The Pylon King 06 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Mental!
 jfmchivall 06 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

...and where is it? Did he name it or is it a well known last great problem? Is it notable for anything apart from its difficulty?

Can we have a bit of actual journalism here?
samsamsam 06 Jan 2016

God the Americans are a drag with their power screaming and dangling about for the camera
 Bulls Crack 06 Jan 2016
In reply to samsamsam:

Maybe he hurt his foot....
 Niall Grimes 06 Jan 2016
Isn't that the problem Sierra Blair Coyle did in that one video?

Inigo 06 Jan 2016
In reply to jfmchivall:

it is a boulder problem, your an example of why ukc in regards to the forum is such a drag, watch the video, be inspired and get of your keyboard
In reply to Inigo:

To be fair the 'article' is pretty vague. Maybe jfmchivall could have asked a bit nicer but apart from the name & title there is no other info at all.

As somebody who mainly boulders I'm inspired to see anybody climb that hard on a great looking problem, but a little bit of backstory would be great

J
 sparkass 06 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Dug this - music's ace!
 gallam1 06 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

That was a bit eccentric.
samsamsam 06 Jan 2016
In reply to Inigo:

i wasn't inspired, it seemed a drag to me. if i posted on the site all the time and was stuck behind a computer 5 days a week maybe you might have a point...
 Mick Ward 06 Jan 2016
In reply to samsamsam:

> God the Americans are a drag with their power screaming and dangling about for the camera

Interesting comment. If anyone could have been arsed to video (and I'm glad they weren't!) a couple of hours ago, they'd have had a pretty similar example of power screaming (and some dangling) from me.

18 years older, 9 V grades easier. But the nature of the best remains... the nature of the beast.

So push yourself. See what happens. Do it.

(Irish) Mick
 owensum 07 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

If anyone wants more backstory.. It is in Priest Draw, on the M.O.A.B. (Mother of all Boulder Problems) roof.
 highrepute 07 Jan 2016
In reply to owensum:

which is in North Arizona, USA
 jfmchivall 12 Jan 2016
In reply to owensum:

Thanks - that's what I wanted to know. Shame it couldn't have been included in the article.

I thought the remark above by Inigo about getting away from the keyboard was quite funny given that this was the first comment I'd made on UKC for several months :-D

I thought the problem was quite inspiring. That's why I wanted to know where it was and if there was any interesting history to it.
 jsmcfarland 13 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Arizona has been split into North and South Arizona?! Why haven't I heard about this =P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...