UKC

Hells Lum - Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2016
Hi,
Has anyone been over to Hells Lum in the last few days?

If so was it looking reasonably well iced on the right hand side yet?

Cheers,
Steve
OP CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

bump
 Pina 09 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Dunno if this of use at this point but the right hand side is still probably too thin. Did deep cut which was in excellent nick today (all turf well frozen, ice on the approach slope etc...). I have a few photos I can send you if you pm me.
OP CurlyStevo 09 Jan 2016
In reply to J_Trottet:
Yeah partner pulled out anyway - I went for a walk - saw two climbers on the crag probably you. I agree it looked thin ice wise.

It was a great morning to be about in the sunshine and good vis, I could see mountains poking out of the sea of fog below me in the torridon direction.
Post edited at 21:27
 Pina 09 Jan 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Agreed. Well worth the walk. Shouldn't be long till those routes come in now.
 Patzl 10 Jan 2016
In reply to J_Trottet:

Well done , we bind it as thought top pitch would be berried, we were on After thought arete
 DannyC 05 Feb 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Anyone been in more recently? I haven't heard much about the condition of routes in the Loch Avon basin for a wee while, perhaps unsurprisingly given it's been a tad on blowy side.
 Misha 05 Feb 2016
In reply to DannyC:

Have a look at Dave Searle's blog
 Alex Riley 05 Feb 2016
In reply to Misha:

I was over that way yesterday. It was pretty plastered in snow, the approach looked pretty loaded too. I climbed at stag rock and everything was a bit soft, especially compared to sneachda side. Don't know what it will be like now after the warm weather today.
 DannyC 08 Feb 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

Did Sticil Face on Sat. Scary horrible sugar ice on pitch two. Decent thin but good ice for p3 crux thankfully and fine after that. Great route. D.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...