UKC

Fave Euro destination for climbing and MTB together

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jazzyjackson 10 Jan 2016
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to hear a few recommendations. Your fave Euro sectors to tick both boxes.

Thinking grade 6's and hardtail MTB trails.

Mostly considering Spain but interested in any Euro tips/experiences.

Thanks
JJ
j james 10 Jan 2016
In reply to jazzyjackson:

Mallorca is good for both! get in touch with Rock and ride mallorca, Justin has written a guide for mountain biking on the island and has up to date info on climbing.
 Null 11 Jan 2016

Arco
 ChrisBrooke 11 Jan 2016

I've climbed at Finale Ligure in Italy and it seems to have a big mtb scene as well. There's sport climbing, mtb'ing and beaches - looks good to me! Can't vouch for the biking but I believe it's fairly well regarded.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 11 Jan 2016
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

I second Finale Ligure - one of my favourite places to climb and it's an even bigger destination for MTB's.

The Dolomites is also excellent for both, you can now downhill the whole Sella Ronda using the lifts if you so wish and there is a ton of more remote stuff for those that want to get away. The climbing is obviously excellent.
OP jazzyjackson 11 Jan 2016
In reply to Erstwhile:

Care to expand? : )
OP jazzyjackson 11 Jan 2016
In reply to James Rushforth:
Cheers. Gives me a destination to investigate!!
Never ridden with lifts. XC rider so looking for epic singletracks and lots of climbs but will try the lifts : )
Post edited at 11:35
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 11 Jan 2016

If you're a keen rider I can't recommend the Sellarona Hero enough - amazing event and great fun: http://www.sellarondahero.com/en/race/sellaronda-hero-marathon

Some info on the climbing: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2708
 mark catcher 12 Jan 2016
In reply to jazzyjackson: Another vote for Finale. I was based there for riding so haven't done much climbing there but the Singletrack is some of the best in Europe. Add climbing, beach life, fantastic food, beautiful natives and it has it all. Get in touch if you want more info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...