UKC

Offas dyke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 solostoke 12 Jan 2016
Wondering if anyone on here is signed up for beyond marathons king offas dyke race? Or the shorter 100 mile one? And if anyone is having any recces anytime.
 The Potato 13 Jan 2016
In reply to solostoke:
I'm not doing it but have a look on Facebook group uk ultrarunners
I've got the guide books and plan on doing it solo probably next year but don't fancy doing it as an event, even though I've done a few beyond marathon events and highly rate them

OP solostoke 13 Jan 2016
In reply to Pesda potato:

I was in that group but I deleted Facebook.
Yeah I really rate beyond marathon, have done their millennium way, gritstone grind and 12 labours as well as marshalled on the apocalypse. Wonder if we've crossed paths?!
 Wonrek 25 Jan 2016
In reply to solostoke:

I'm in for the full monty. There have been a few recces I've seen but only 20 miles or so. I live in Cornwall so driving up and costs would mean I'd want to go up and recce longer section possibly when I've got my next race out of the way and the weather improves a little.

Are you in?
OP solostoke 25 Jan 2016
In reply to Wonrek:

Yeah full monty for me too
I'm just recovering from a bad ankle/leg break so worrying slightly but got ehT nohtaraM and The Marathon as a bit of a test soon and the apocalypse so will know beforehand if it's feasible this year. I really hope so!
The path round here (shrewsbury) is pretty well marked so can't see it being too bad especially with Richs instructions (they are normally brilliant)
 Wonrek 26 Jan 2016
In reply to solostoke:

Cool! Well, the full part is not so sure about The Marathon.....ok, I did that one a few years ago and it is pretty cool but an interesting one to gauge ability to do a 185 on! I've got 4 x 100 booked this year, just completed my first so hoping that's be enough to toughen me up for the extra 85 miles into the unknown :-S

I've never done one of the BM events before although I know Rich and Wendy so what could possibly go wrong?!?
OP solostoke 26 Jan 2016
In reply to Wonrek:

Well it's a good 60mile day on tarmac so will be good for something.
I have no doubt you'll be impressed with beyond marathon. Which 100 are left to do? I'm viewing offas dyke as 3 x 60mile (ish).
 Wonrek 27 Jan 2016
In reply to solostoke:

Tarmac......brrrr!

I'm approaching Offas as a non stop race. I know I can do a long time without stopping so aiming to get to 100 then keep going. On the Spine I took 40 minute power naps which seemed to be great for keeping me upright for another nine hours or so. Hoping the conditions at Offa's won't be quite so taxing too!

Left to do, The Arc of Nutrition (Attrition The Dorset 100 and the old classic Lakeland 100. Also booked in on the Vegan 3K and The Fellsman, Will look at filling in the gaps with some smaller stuff as I go

Hope fully it will be enough, aiming for the full Spine next year!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...