UKC

NEWS: Steve McClure Onsights 8b+ in Chulilla

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 16 Jan 2016
Steve McClure enjoying some Spanish sport routes, 4 kbSteve McClure returned from a week-long New Year trip to Chulilla with an impressive list of routes above 8a - including an 8b+ onsight with Take Okame. The numbers added up to 12 grade 8 routes as well as a few 7c+/8a's.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

Solid effort! Worth mentioning that Ed Hamer has flashed 8b+ In Gorges Du Loup with "Hot Chili Bean Volcano" or something like that?
 teddy 16 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Steve either onsighted or flashed Dr crimp an 8b+ at kilnsey in the 2000's sometime, sorry cant be more precise 😊 . Also Dave macleod either onsighted or flashed L men's, I remember reading his blog about it
In reply to teddy:

Steve on-sighted Indian Summer at Kilnsey not long after Steve Dunning's FA - I think that was the first 8b+ O/S in the UK.
 abarro81 17 Jan 2016
In reply to teddy:

Are you sure? My mental list only had Steve and Tom down for 8b+ onsight and Hamer and Pearson for flash.. Can't see anything online about DM?
 AJM 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Robbie_Phillips:

Didn't he do Kalea Borokka too?
In reply to abarro81:

I'm pretty sure Dave hasn't onsighted L-Mens - Might be wrong?

Yeah I think you're right Alex, Ed did flash Kallea too :P What a beast!!!
 teddy 17 Jan 2016
In reply to abarro81:

I stand corrected! Dave Mac redpointed L-mens according to google, must have got confused with Tom Bolger's onsight of it
 Andy Farnell 17 Jan 2016
In reply to thebigfriendlymoose:

> Steve on-sighted Indian Summer at Kilnsey not long after Steve Dunning's FA - I think that was the first 8b+ O/S in the UK.

The day after IIRC.

Andy F
 Adam Lincoln 17 Jan 2016
In reply to teddy:

He has also unsighted Amistad. Not sure if that still gets 8c?
 abarro81 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
That's the one where he went off route and used the tree. I think his 8b+ o/s list is fairly long though, would be interesting to know just how long..
Post edited at 18:09
 blaza1 17 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Really hope he can get an 8c os before he gets old, would be the cherry on top of the cherry in his career... Can't think of any other sportsman in the UK (maybe ap mccoy but don't know anything about horrse racing) whose been the best for the last 20 years

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...