UKC

Scotland -anything in this w/e

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bobpilgrem 21 Jan 2016
Hi All
Sat in Fort William wondering if it's worth staying up for the w/e .
Forecast suggests it's going to be windy and warming up -should I be optimistic
or head back to Yorkshire.
Cheers
Bob
 DaveHK 21 Jan 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Friday is looking mild, Saturday a bit less so. The YR.no forecast is a bit colder but I'm starting to think they err on that side. Fairly windy too.

Short answer is that it's likely to be poor. Think I'm going to try to do a route early on Saturday but then I live up here and wont gain brownie points by staying at home!
 smithaldo 21 Jan 2016
In reply to DaveHK: we were mulling the drive up from sheff but pretty sure it isn't worth it. Especially as Sunday looks grim.

Weekend in the lakes walking/running or dry tooling I reckon.

smithaldo 21 Jan 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

Actually Dave, do you reckon something like sav slit might still be doable? Can't be bothered doing some melting snow gully.

Was reasoning that it might melt quick on the mixed routes but be okish early morning. Could of course all turn to slush very quickly.....

Decisions decisions.......
 DaveHK 21 Jan 2016
In reply to smithaldo:

Yeah we were thinking high and early if there was to be any chance. Guess it depends just how mild tomorrow is before the brief cooldown on Saturday. I wouldn't like to say it would be worth it for you as its a long way! Not so much of a time investment for me.
 davkeo 21 Jan 2016
In reply to smithaldo:
I was on savage slit today. Conditions pretty good and I'd say a fair chance it will b climbable sat. Prob worth a look.

David
Post edited at 20:55
 Jim Fraser 21 Jan 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Although there appear to be lowish valley temperatures in the mornings for the next couple of days the summit temperatures and many forecast opinions of rain at all levels tells us that things are not likely to be great. Sunday starts proper melt temperatures and these continue into Monday. This is a GOOD thing. What is even better is that Tuesday is forecast to herald the next cold spell. A warm blip on Wednesday in most forecasts but cooler for the week following.

By Tuesday the forecast will have changed a wee bit one way or the other but there appear to be no major disasters in the next week or two, just a useful melt-freeze cycle.
 smithaldo 21 Jan 2016
In reply to davkeo: cheers david, as we are both approaching 40 with 3 little ones between us we've decided to enjoy our weekend passes and go to the lakes.

I've driven up just in case too many times in my (relative) youth to do 6 hours each way for something that might be ok.

Got two weeks in Cham in feb and march though so not too downheartened!

DaveHK 21 Jan 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

It's got seriously mild over the last 4 hrs here in Inverness.
OP bobpilgrem 22 Jan 2016
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Thanks for all replies.Really wet overnight in Glencoe - going for a walk then heading home.
Had one great day in Skye on wed so worth the journey.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...