UKC

Making a Murderer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 22 Jan 2016
Anyone else watched it? What a compelling piece of television (if that's what you can call something on Netflix)!
OP Yanis Nayu 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

No-one?
 tmawer 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Yes, watched it and found it really sad and disturbing.......don't get on the wrong side of the wrong people!
 Tyler 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I watched the first one and a half episodes, is it due to continue in the faux documentary style all the way through? If so I'm not sure I can be arsed.
 ThunderCat 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Yeah, watched it. Quite enjoyed it.
OP Yanis Nayu 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Tyler:

It is a documentary. I found it really gripping, interesting and thought provoking.
 Tyler 23 Jan 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Well I never, no wonder all the websites I started reading about it didn't mind putting spoilers in without warning! I started watching on someone's recommendation assuming it was a mini series so I was abot taken aback by the style. No wonder it looked realistic!
 Bootrock 20 Feb 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I wouldn't call it a documentary, but a docudrama. Its quite bias and leaves some information out. But as a piece of media to get your mind thinking, and getting people asking questions, its damn good.

It shows a horrendous failing and lack of professionalism by the Police Unit tasked to deal with it plus some corruption at high levels. The whole case and situation is a very sad series of events. There are several different ways it could have been handled, but its just been made into a massive cluster f*ck.

As for me? I think he's innocent. A massive failing of the justice system.
 tspoon1981 21 Feb 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I watched it, didn't really get into it because of the obvious bias. There's a podcast, Serial, which is similar to Making a murderer, but is far better presented and less one sided.

https://serialpodcast.org/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...