UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Mallorca - 8 New Crags to Discover

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 28 Jan 2016
Natalie Berry making a smooth ascent of American (7b) in the atmospheric cave of Sector Oasis at Calal Llamp., 4 kbIf you thought you'd ticked Mallorca then think again - 2016 brings a new guidebook and a wave of development on the island. In this article we cover 8 new sport climbing crags which have sprung up thanks to dedicated developers taking advantage of the vast amount of quality rock on offer.

Read more
 James Malloch 28 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

I have a trip out here in March so it's good to have more places to explore!

I've got the new guide but if anyone could give some personal recommendations of Sport crags that have a good selection of 6a-6c+ plus some decent routes in the 7b-8a range I would be very glad to here them.
Something that would make an amenable first 7a would be the cherry on the cake...
 humptydumpty 28 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

Beautiful place, endless climbing. Word of warning: I got my car done last time I was there (September 2016, Cala Barques). They nicked electronics but left climbing gear, so it wasn't a big issue, but worth being aware of. We had left stuff visible, and none of the other 10+ cars parked in that area had a problem.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...