UKC

Ski school - La Plagne (Plan Soleil)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PhilWS 30 Jan 2016
Hi - I've got the opportunity to take the family to visit La Plagne.

My two children ( 6 and 7) have never been skiing before and I'm certainly not good enough to teach them!

Just wondered if anyone had used a ski school there and could recommend.

Thanks in advance.

kathrync 30 Jan 2016
In reply to PhilWS:

I like New Generation: http://www.skinewgen.com/

I believe their operation in La Plagne is new this season, but I have used them in several other resorts and always been happy with them. Will probably do a session with them when I am in La Plagne in March.
OP PhilWS 30 Jan 2016
In reply to kathrync:

Thanks for the quick reply. Have just been checking them out and unfortunately they don't have any availability on a beginners course when we could go.

Enjoy your trip!
 london_huddy 31 Jan 2016
In reply to PhilWS:

I've used Oxygene in various villages in La Plagne: thumbs up from me.
OP PhilWS 31 Jan 2016
In reply to london_huddy:

Thank you. Will investigate.
 Babika 31 Jan 2016
In reply to PhilWS:

Our kids skied at La Plagne and other French resorts with ESF all the time.

They have the benefit of being so big that the kids can move up and down classes during the week if the group they're in is too fast or slow for them. Instructors are French but they all speak perfect English
OP PhilWS 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Babika:

Thank you.

I think ESF are winning at the moment - they seem to have an office near our accommodation.
 Simon Pelly 01 Feb 2016
In reply to PhilWS:

Have used both Oxygene and ESF. Both are good. Enjoy.

Simon....
 Al Cartwright 01 Feb 2016
In reply to PhilWS:

Hi, we used Reflex for our kids and can't rate them highly enough!

Really professional and friendly, the kids loved the instructor Christophe and progressed massively over a week.
 The Bantam 01 Feb 2016
In reply to PhilWS:

Skied La Plagne with the kids last year, and will again in a fortnight (7 year old on his third trip, and 4 year old on his first). We have done ESF again because as Babika mentions, they will move them up or down so they don't end up having a horrid week being either out of their depth or bored senseless. That said, their English is not always great (albeit better than my French) which can be a bit of an issue with the little ones. Have heard decent things about Oxygene also.

The danger with ESF if they haven't skied before is they end up in the Piou Piou class. This class is basically sobbing 3 year-olds shuffling around blow up penguins for the day. But at 6 and 7 they will be fine (and as the ESF instructors tend to be young blokes, they will probably think they are ace).
OP PhilWS 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Simon Pelly:

Thanks - ESF seems to be the winners!
OP PhilWS 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Al Cartwright:

Thank - having problems accessing their website at the moment but will keep trying
OP PhilWS 01 Feb 2016
In reply to The Bantam:

Thanks for the recommendation.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...