UKC

Gloves for Mountain Biking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GridNorth 31 Jan 2016
I'm seeking opinions on good gloves for Mountain Biking. After a long break I've decided to dig my bike out of the cobwebs but as I've got older I seem to really feel the cold in my fingers. I was nearly sick last week with the hot aches and it put me off a bit.

My son says the only thing that worked for him were neoprene gloves.

Al
 ChrisJD 31 Jan 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

If it's really cold, I wear an old pair of winter climbing gloves.
In reply to GridNorth:
I'll read replies with interest! I've not found any particularly warm cycling glove (yet) so what about "hotties" packs or similar placed next to the back of the hand?

Rick Graham 31 Jan 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Hi Al, its its hot always wear something. I use some fingerless biking gloves as a minimum. If you fall off the skinning of your palms is quite likely otherwise.

I got some neoprene biking gloves but they are useless if its wet. Good for cold and dry.

In the cold, any winter climbing glove is worth experimenting with.
 mrj_langley 31 Jan 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Marigolds over the top of whatever you normally wear. I tried them under but they weren't as comfy.

Super grippy, dry and toasty warm. I also hear they're available in numerous colours now. I used to get 2 months out of a pair wearing them every day in the lakes over winter.
KevinD 31 Jan 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Will try to find exactly which model they are but I have a pair of Gore insulated gloves. Stupidly warm to the point I havent worn them much this winter.
 Monk 01 Feb 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

I've been using the decathlon range of gloves for two years now and am very impressed. For mountain biking in cold conditions below 7 degrees I find the neoprene winter gloves really good, and unlike the poster above I find they work in the wet too. For commuting I have their thickest winter gloves and they are really warm - I can't wear them if temps reach double figures. They are thick but dexterity and grip is still good.
 gazzagabb 01 Feb 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Have a look at the sealskinz winter cycling glove. Works for me!
 petegunn 04 Feb 2016
In reply to GridNorth:

Aldi gloves, I know they are not available all the time but these have kept my hands warm this winter in the Lakes, even in the Wet!!!
Heres a pic http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/crane-aldi-2012-winter-bike-gloves-size-m....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...