UKC

Rockfax PDF MiniGuides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 31 Jan 2016
How come some of the pdf mini guides are listed as "Out of print" and you can't order/download them?
 Daimon - Rockfax Global Crag Moderator 31 Jan 2016
In reply to Willi Crater:
Hi
Either they are now in printed guides, or developed or being developed for the App.
Other ones may have been discontinued for another reason. Which one are you after?

Andy Gamisou 31 Jan 2016
In reply to Daimon - Rockfax:

The guide to Eastern Cyprus was the one I was interested in.
Andy Gamisou 01 Feb 2016

Tumbleweeds slowly blow down the corridors of UKC/Rockfax towers.

Yes, as Daimon says, we are shutting down the whole MiniGuide system since the remaining guides are either massively out of date, or we have more up to date versions incorporated in the App.

Currently the only ones we are leaving are Skye Ridge and Tenerife simply because there are still in great demand. In the case of Tenerife - there isn't any other guide in print at the moment although I would be wary trusting it too much since it is over 10 years old now.

For the Cyprus guide - that was never a Rockfax publication, it was by Mat Dowsett. If you email me I will try and put you in touch with Mat.

Alan
Andy Gamisou 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thanks for the heads up.
 sean coffey 03 Mar 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

There is a more up-to-date guide for Tenerife (2010). Written by local climbers with accurate access and route information 'Tenerife escalada deportiva' is available from all climbing shops on the island, Decathlon in Tenerife and (just checked ... Amazon). It has access information in English and by buying the guide you are contributing to the continued development of climbing on the island as part of the money you pay goes to bolting new and existing routes.
 eltankos 04 Mar 2016
In reply to sean coffey:

The main climbing shop in Villa de Arico is excellent and the guy we talked to last year was really helpful and gave us advice on which routes were good for our grade. Well worth popping in. They also hire out bouldering mats.
http://www.roxtar.es/
In reply to sean coffey:

> There is a more up-to-date guide for Tenerife (2010). Written by local climbers with accurate access and route information 'Tenerife escalada deportiva' is available from all climbing shops on the island, Decathlon in Tenerife and (just checked ... Amazon). It has access information in English and by buying the guide you are contributing to the continued development of climbing on the island as part of the money you pay goes to bolting new and existing routes.

In which case I shall withdraw ours. I think it must have been reprinted, since that was unavailable when I checked a few months ago.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...