UKC

Fellraisers retaining water.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OffshoreAndy 01 Feb 2016
Hi,
I've been very happy with the Fellraisers I have recently purchased except ....they are holding the water. Im a bit worried that as I up the mileage Im going to start having problems/trenchfoot.
Any advise or perhaps recommendations for a different close fitting shoe with aggressive shoe that does a better job - mudclaw?

Also what are peoples experiences of running using sealskin socks at ultra distance.

Cheers
Clauso 01 Feb 2016
In reply to OffshoreAndy:

As far as ultras are concerned; I've done quite a few 5Ks in Fellraisers. I've never felt the need for Sealskinz. Maybe your feet are just soft?
OP OffshoreAndy 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Clauso:

Precisely, they are not going to get any tougher if I run/slosh 50 mile, certainly battered. Like I said they are great until the first bog, but the peak is pretty wet at the moment so its not long before that happens. My old Mizano Harriers seemed a lot better at shifting the water.
 Andy_B39 01 Feb 2016

Try changing the insoles.
Did this on my girlfriends pair as the stock ones seemed to be made of sponge rather than the closed cell foam most other brands use. After wet runs you could take the insoles out and wring out the water.
Clauso 01 Feb 2016

I was just being daft, equating 5Ks with ultras, however, in my limited experience, Fellraisers have drained better than the likes of Speedcross, which are usually pitched as being similar?
 DaveHK 01 Feb 2016
In reply to Andy_B39:

> Try changing the insoles.

This is a good point, the insoles on most Salomon shoes are rubbish.
OP OffshoreAndy 02 Feb 2016

Thanks, Ill try that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...