UKC

NEWS: Ned Feehally climbs Voyager Sit Start 8B+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 04 Feb 2016
Ned on his successful attempt of Voyager SDS, 2 kbNed Feehally has made the third ascent of Ben Moon's Voyager Sit Start at Burbage North. The problem was first climbed by Moon in 2006 and in ten years, Ned's ascent is only the second repeat. Jutting out from the side of the hill, Voyager is one of the most impressive and skin intensive climbs in the Peak District.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:
Good effort Ned!! Great news item as well Nick! Great to get a bit of detail on the subject.
Post edited at 09:44
 ben davison 04 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Flippin heck, beast! I didn't know he'd done Serenata too - has that been reported previously? If not, I can't believe its a small part of the news article! Or is it a mistake and is supposed to be Serenade?
In reply to ben davison:

Definitely Serenata. Although I think Voyager eclipses this in terms of significance and line.

Nick
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome, nice one Ned!
 DTurner 05 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC News:

So good, nice one Ned. Looks like it was filmed too, psyched to see some footage.

7B into the start of Voyager stand...??
In reply to DTurner:

It's roughly what Ned and Tom Newman thought...

Nick
James Jackson 06 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC News:

All physical impressiveness aside, I know that all climbing is really contrived, and the achievement a product of the human condition, but sit starts just seems really, really silly.
 Puppythedog 07 Feb 2016
In reply to James Jackson:

Isn't the stand start a bit of a jump? If so is the sit start not the less contrived?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...