UKC

fontainebleau where to stay in a big campervan??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
looking to call in at font for a few days bouldering on route to Italy, but don't want to get robbed when climbing! where is good to stay with a merc sprinter campervan? I would like to climb elephant area if poss
any info would be much appreciated
cheers
 RR 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Charlie Zephyr Booth:

Camping Les Près à Grez-sur-Loing is okay. It is more to the south closer to l'Elephant and has some places for campers. No too far away from the A6 autoroute.
I would say stay away from La Musardière à Milly. Too many wild cats and high price and hardly any or no guardian active. But the boulangerie at Milly are better (as one can see Madame Meuniere, the proprietor/owner, is visiting the boulangerie at least twice a day).
 /tmp 07 Feb 2016

yhm
 rtinma 11 Feb 2016

Camping Les Courtilles Du Lido near the beautiful village of Moret-sur-Loing, home of the Impressionist Sisley, is well placed for all the major venues including Elephant.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 11 Feb 2016
In reply to RR:

Might be wrong but I think camping sur grez and musadiere are both closed at this time of year.
 rtinma 12 Feb 2016

Les Courtilles doesn't open until 19 March.
 scoobydougan 12 Feb 2016

Boulancourt is close to Buthiers and Elephant and is open all year round, unfortunately the old owner has sold it to a more proactive type but you can't have everything.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...