UKC

Car Theft at Burbage Bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mayaculpa 13 Feb 2016
A reminder, they're at it again !!! leave nothing of value in the car and nothing in sight
Arrived at Burbage Bridge off road car parking on Wednesday about 10am to find a distraught woman, a runner, returning, to find her car had been stolen, only been gone 50 mins
Jim C 13 Feb 2016
In reply to Mayaculpa:
> A reminder, they're at it again !!! leave nothing of value in the car and nothing in sight

> Arrived at Burbage Bridge off road car parking on Wednesday about 10am to find a distraught woman, a runner, returning, to find her car had been stolen, only been gone 50 mins

My guess is she is a regular, and had a pattern to her visits there and her times away. (I could be wrong, it may just have been an opportunist)

Post edited at 11:30
In reply to Jim C:

Maybe, maybe not.
I've parked at Surprise View car park once, and had my car stolen from Surprise View car park once.
Jim C 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Dispater:
I parked my car along the Dalmally road, and came back to find it gone. I had no signal so I walked to a nearby house and asked to use the phone to report a stolen car. The woman told me there was no need to report a theft , as my car would likely be in an identical car park at the opposite side of her house. ( she was right, and not for the first time from what she told me)
Post edited at 08:25
 cha1n 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Mayaculpa:
Well that's worrying, my gf used to park there all the time whilst she went out running alone during the day and she was driving a crappy micra. Must be easy to steal.
Post edited at 08:30
OP Mayaculpa 14 Feb 2016
In reply to cha1n:

The car involved here was a 10yo Toyota Aygo. They know people parking there will be away some time and can see anyone returning for considerable distance.
In reply to Jim C:

Amusing.

My car was found dumped in Wakefield.
:-/
 johnwright 14 Feb 2016
In reply to Dispater:

What part of Wakey was it found.
In reply to johnwright:

No idea. My insurance firm shipped it back on low loader.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...