UKC

Mapping software for Mac?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mgg 19 Feb 2016

Anyone tell me names of mapping software for mac??? as in equivalent to Anquet or Memory map.

cheers
Removed User 19 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

I asked someone from Memory Map if it was going to be available for Macs - he said there were some problems to iron out, but it should be ready for April 2004.

Presumably they're doing some very thorough ironing.
 daviesp2 19 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

I use Memory Map on my Macbook Pro using CrossOver to run it. Functions just fine, although scrolling sometimes a bit slow.
Removed User 19 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:
Routebuddy is brilliant, It's never let me down and transfer to phone is excellent.

Mike-W-99 19 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

I use memory map with wine(what crossover is based on)
Everything works and speed wise seems the same as on Windows.
OP mgg 19 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

Ok, cheers. research into crossover and wine needed then.......no idea what thats about
 SouthernSteve 19 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

Anquet have excellent options for iOS and a defunct version for the Mac which they out-sourced to VP which is now unsupported and is failing on newer machines and cant be re-installed. There has been a version 1 beta of Anquet's OMN Windows software which was then followed by version 2 beta without any actual software being produced which was useable. I have a heavy investment in their maps and live in endless hope that they will actually produce something, but I have got a cheap windows machine that we use for a few other things and it is great on the iPhone.

It is pretty shoddy that VP sucked a whole lot of people into buying mac software and then dumped them!

See: https://support.anquet.com/support/discussions/forums/5000295923

KevinJ 19 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

+1 for RouteBuddy.

I had previously been a user of Memory Map on the PC but when I switched to a Mac a few years ago, I gave up waiting for Memory Map to produce a Mac version. I also negated the outsourced Anquet because the support had already ceased.
RouteBuddy was the only one producing the software and mapping to run natively on the Mac at a decent price. I have found a couple of minor nuisance points when using the Magic Mouse, but otherwise, I think it is great software and I run atlas on iOS to us th maps on mobile devices as well.
They do have regular offers on mapping, so you can save a few quid if replacing existing mapping ( as I did ).
 MtnGeekUK 20 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

Could always go with the web-based offerings? That way, pretty much only requirement is browser and web connection. Means the experience is pretty much the same irrespective of OS, plus the added benefit of being able to use across devices.

OS are now offering this service, which seems pretty good.

Either subscription based for the whole UK (~£20-30 for 12 months), or new OS maps come with a scratch panel and redemption code to purchase the digital copy of the paper one you just bought (no subscription required AFAIK).
 Root1 20 Feb 2016
In reply to mgg:

Viewranger on an ipad works a treat.
craigloon 20 Feb 2016
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

+1 for OS Maps, £20/yr annual subscription for unlimited maps with printing option. I did find however that the maps did not render accurately to scale when printing from Safari, so am printing from Chrome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...