UKC

PHOTOGRAPHY: UKC/UKH Marmot Photography Awards 2014/15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Marmot Photography Awards, 5 kbAfter much anticipation UKClimbing/UKHillwalking are happy to announce the winners of the 2014/15 Marmot Photography Awards. We have split the prize-giving into two fields - the overall winners and the category winners - and presented them all below for your viewing pleasure. It was a hotly contested event, with a strong field of great images, but the winners really do represent the cream of the crop - congratulations to all those involved.

Read more
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 20 Feb 2016
 Sean Kelly 20 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

No problem with the top three chosen. I had them among the favoutites to win. As I mentioned in an earlier post, a slight quibble with a painting in a photo contest, that's all. Congrats to all the prizewinners!
 Mal Grey 20 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:
Congratulations to all the winners, some absolutely stunning images.
Post edited at 23:28
Crimpington Bear 23 Feb 2016
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Haha, that's my watermark silly! It's Crimpington Bear.
Crimpington Bear 23 Feb 2016
In reply to James Rushforth:

Agreed on all the thanks to organisers etc. Just wanted to say, i took a look at your website...... WOW!!! You have a boat load of stunning shots!
In reply to Crimpington Bear:

Can you check your email. We have sent out a couple of requests to get addresses for the prizes and yours hasn't come back yet.

Thanks

Alan
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 23 Feb 2016
In reply to Crimpington Bear:

I think Sean was referring to Jamie's landscape winning painting of the Matterhorn (though as that one won through public votes I don't see a problem).

And thanks very much, I'm gad you like the website / images

Congrats on your winning shot, it's a cracker!
 Jamie Hageman 23 Feb 2016
In reply to Sean Kelly:

I understand Sean. I am of course absolutely delighted to win one of the categories, but I apologise if there are any miffed people out there - I perhaps should have made it clear when I first uploaded the picture last year that it was a painting. My aim is not to fool people, though my work has been described as photo-realistic. It's a term that has been used a fair bit around me. I am now aware that my style is changing as I bring more of my personality to my paintings. That's not to say that they are no longer realistic, more that they include fantastical elements that are from deep within my own memories of mountaineering. I am also finding that I am far more philosophical about mountaineering now than I ever have been, and that is definitely helping my painting.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and thanks to MARMOT!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...