UKC

Beinn Toaig south west shoulder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 27 Feb 2016
Possibly descend via this. Any difficulties to be encountered?
In reply to Flinticus:

I don't know the route, but pause for a while to remember Flint if you get the chance.
OP Flinticus 27 Feb 2016
In reply to Eeyore:

Thanks for thinking of him.

We did those two munros together years back. There's a picture in my gallery.
 skog 27 Feb 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

I've walked up this shoulder, or at least the upper part of it.

It was quite a long time ago, but I can't remember any problems; I'm pretty sure there aren't any you can't just walk round.
 cymjt 27 Feb 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

Assuming I'm thinking of the correct mountain (next to loch tulla?) Then I've come down it. It was wet but fine.
OP Flinticus 28 Feb 2016
In reply to skog:

Cheers. Went up Beinn Ime from Butterbridge in the end. Nice short drive and no walk in. Snow was very firm / ice in places: difficult sinking shaft of axe into the snow.
 skog 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

I haven't been up from that side, I'll keep it in mind (I combined it with Beinn Luibhean from the Rest and Be Thankful once, and with Beinn Narnain and the Cobbler another time).

We weren't able to get away this weekend because of prior commitments - I'm gutted at missing Saturday in the NW, it looked wonderful. We managed a family jaunt and play in the snow, up King's Seat Hill in the Ochils, yesterday, so at least we got out!

http://ootnaboot.scot/winter2015-6/20160228Kings_Seat_Hill.jpg

It felt very Spring-like.
OP Flinticus 29 Feb 2016
In reply to skog:

Its a good route. Despite the brilliant conditions, my relatively early start time of 9am and choice of route meant I had the whole mountain to myself! Didn't see another walker / person.
OP Flinticus 07 Mar 2016
In reply to cymjt:

In reply to skog:

Well, got there this Sunday. Went up Beinn Toaig. Good way to ascend to Odhair (also saved walking uphill in the deeper snow of the usual route up via Coire Toaig: descended this way)
 skog 07 Mar 2016
In reply to Flinticus:

It was a lovely day.

It was my wife's turn to get out, though.

Still, she had a good walk!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...