UKC

Hasselblad-second hand dealers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mr rob 02 Mar 2016
Does anybody know of any decent deals for a second hand Hasselblad

My searches have so far turned up with Ffordes but am struggling to find many others

Does anyone know of any others?

Thanks
Removed User 02 Mar 2016
In reply to mr rob:

Try the real camera company in Manchester they may have something in

http://www.realcamera.co.uk/
OP mr rob 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Removed User:

Yeah, I might have to pop in at some time, haven't been there for a few years.
 Adam Long 02 Mar 2016
In reply to mr rob:

Buy a copy of Amateur photographer and have a look in the ads at the back. There will be loads.
Removed User 02 Mar 2016
In reply to mr rob:

Assuming you mean film but if it's digi then try MPB

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-digital-...
 malk 02 Mar 2016
In reply to mr rob:

why? i bet even Gordon has moved on..
Bronica no good?
 obi-wan nick b 02 Mar 2016
In reply to mr rob:

Try here - I recently bought a spare film back from them - all good
http://www.cameramuseum.uk/
 Sean Kelly 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Adam Long:
Not these days. It's all on the net such a e-bay.
I actually got rid of my Hasselblad as the cost of going digital was enormously expensive. We are talking thousands!!!
ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R10.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=hasselblad+digital+back&_sacat=0
Post edited at 16:11
 gethin_allen 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Am I missing something, I thought the whole point of medium format cameras was that you have bigger film, so considering the quality of DSLR sized sensors having a medium format digital camera seems a bit OTT.
In reply to malk:

> why? i bet even Gordon has moved on..

Yes, ages ago. The Hasselblad kit's sat in a cupboard for over a decade. I'm now thinking of selling it (complete with three lenses, teleconvertor, extension tubes, lens hood, prism finder, spare magazine, Manfrotto tripod, etc etc, in full working order and very good condition), but would only part with it to someone who is genuinely interested and wants to use it. Have emailed Rob, but have had no reply yet.
OP mr rob 02 Mar 2016
In reply to mr rob:

All, thanks for the recommendations, i will have a look. Gordon I have since replied, different time zones at the minuet cause some delays.

I found that back when i was shooting film I often took much better photos than now on digital. The speed of film forcing you to take your time and compose.

I sold my Rolliflex TLR some years back, i loved the square format but do want to be able to change lens and film stock, hence the Hasselblad

In reply to mr rob:
I often took much better photos than now on digital. The speed of film forcing you to take your time and compose.

Oh yes we did. Even coming from a film upbringing it has taken not time to forget about composing, exposing. It so easy just to look at the back and see what you have. On the plus side Digital is a fair replacement for Polaroid, well some times you can pick something up you may otherwise miss

this guy has old stock but some tat and was asking big money
:Nicholas cameras 15 Camden High St, London NW1 7JE
Phone:020 7916 7251

dek 02 Mar 2016
In reply to mr rob:

Worth checking Gumtree too. There's a mamiya 6-45 with 2 lenses, listed in Edinburgh for less than 300 quid! They are a bit lighter, and faster to use than Hasselblads...lots of Bronicas appear too.
 Tall Clare 02 Mar 2016
In reply to dek:

I've just bought a Mamiya 645J with an 80mm f2.8 lens on ebay for £120. Lots around.
 dek 02 Mar 2016
In reply to Tall Clare:

> I've just bought a Mamiya 645J with an 80mm f2.8 lens on ebay for £120. Lots around.

Now that's a Bargain!!...got a source for reasonably priced film?
Marco_pepperoni 02 Mar 2016
In reply to gethin_allen:
Ever seen a file from a phase one back? Makes any dslr feel like a toy camera, seriously, the quality and rendering is mesmerising. The difference is not so much in resolution but in feel and render as the latitude is much wider than on a dslr. digital backs use much bigger pixels and lenses designed for medium format tend to be more resolvent. I shoot everyday on hasselblad 555eld with phase back...wouldn't touch a bronica with a stick though!
 obi-wan nick b 03 Mar 2016
In reply to dek:
Try 7day shop or Harrison's I'm sure there are others...
 malk 05 Mar 2016
In reply to obi-wan nick b:

please someone buy my Bronica SQA..
In reply to Marco_pepperoni:

> Ever seen a file from a phase one back? Makes any dslr feel like a toy camera, seriously, the quality and rendering is mesmerising.

I imagine the price tag is a bit mesmerising too

Marco_pepperoni 06 Mar 2016
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Can't deny that but it's a business investment though, the quality helps the business to be technically reliable and it pays for itself in about 6 month. Oh and the backs don't age anywhere near as quickly as a dslr. Said that they do cost like a used car. I have a phase one but don't have a car...
In reply to Marco_pepperoni:

If I were keeping my Hasselblad and was still working as a professional photographer I'd definitely have one of those Phase One backs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...