UKC

Hanging a moon finger board above a door

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kingjam 05 Mar 2016
A bit a quick advice needed . Have a moon finger board and a good place to hang it . If it's it's placed above the door on the wall in worried my wrist will sit against top of the door frame and this might cause issues .

Do people find in general this is fine or do I need to build something so I hang free .

Door frame comes about 3/4 inch from the wall

Thanks in advance
 Nordie_matt 05 Mar 2016
In reply to kingjam:

Why not just mount the board on some inch thick ply then mount that to the wall? It will give you clearance of frame and something to put stickers and write encouraging slogans on
 duchessofmalfi 05 Mar 2016
Yep - use a bit of ply to pack it out with the added bonus that it is easier to attach the ply to the wall and then attach the finger board to the ply than it is to do a good job of attaching the board to the wall directly.

stp 08 Mar 2016
In reply to kingjam:

Agree with using a bit of plywood as a back board.

Another way is to mount two vertical wood battons above the door (say 2 x 3) and then screw the ply board into those. This helps bring the board out that bit further from the door. And if the wall is slightly uneven it won't matter. And if the screws from the fingerboard into the ply go a bit deeper than the plywood they won't go into the wall behind.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...