UKC

Walker missing in Cairngorms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 06 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

I hope that he is found very soon.
 Mountain Llama 07 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

bump

hope there found soon
 marsbar 07 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

Have another bump
oggiegb 07 Mar 2016
In reply to marsbar:

I was walking in the Cairngorms last week (Tues - Thurs) and contacted by Braemar Mountain Rescue. They were very keen on hearing information from areas within walking distance of Bob Scots bothy even tho I'd seen no single walkers.
So if you were around that area last week (particularly Tues/Wednesday) , it's worthwhile getting in touch with them.
OP phizz4 09 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

Needs more publicity.

Bump
Lynn (Jim Robertson's daughter) 14 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

Hi all
I have been doing absolutely everything I possibly can to keep my dad in the public eye. I have spoken to various news reporters, joined all manner of forums and private groups and posted so much on social media. I'd gratefully welcome any other suggestions??

Our beloved dad, Jim Robertson, has been missing in the Cairngorms for over a week. We are raising money in his memory, to support the incredible work of the Braemar Mountain Rescue team who have shown our family, especially our dad, such compassion and commitment. We are hoping they can return our dear dad's body home to us soon. Please kindly visit our page. Our family are so very grateful for each and every donation (however little) as are the invaluable volunteers of the Braemar Mountain Rescue team. Thank you so much

www.justgiving.com/JimRobertson60/

Lynn Robertson (Jim's daughter)

I hope this is okay to post here (I have emailed forum editors but haven't received any reply as of yet). If not please contact me. Thank you.
In reply to Lynn (Jim Robertson's daughter):

Hi Lynn

So sorry to hear about your Dad. We reported on him last week ( http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=70306 ) and continue to hope that there will be resolution for you soon. Posting on here is absolutely fine of course.

Best wishes from us all at UKHillwalking and UKClimbing
Lynn (Jim Robertson's daughter) 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Thank you so much.

I'm obviously a newly registered user so not sure what I'm doing but if my posts encourage just one more person to look out for my dad/one more person to come forward with information/one more person to donate then I'll have done what I've set out to do

Lynn

OP phizz4 15 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

Bump
Still needs publicity
Lynn (Jim Robertson's daughter) 15 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

Having already contacted all local and national newspapers that I can think of (and all the rest that I explained before)... What else can I do? Please suggest.
 SenzuBean 15 Mar 2016

> Having already contacted all local and national newspapers that I can think of (and all the rest that I explained before)... What else can I do? Please suggest.

I'm 99.999% sure he didn't mean you weren't doing everything you can, but he meant that everyone needs to know about this in case they've seen Jim.
OP phizz4 15 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

You are doing everything that you can. I was just aiming to keep the search current on this forum. A bump every so often brings it to the top of the listing for a while. Someone who has been away for the last week or so might not be aware of the search if it isn't highlighted.

I think you are doing all you can to help find your Dad. I'm sure UKC/H will understand if you keep posting on this thread occasionally (possibly on a weekly basis).

Try to look after yourself (and any other family) in the meantime though - I know it is tough.
Lynn (Jim Robertson's daughter) 16 Mar 2016
In reply to phizz4:

My reply was genuine... Not meant to be rude so I hope you don't think it was. No idea what 'bump' was... So thank you. Will keep posting.

Thanks all.

In reply to SenzuBean:

Thank you x

In reply to L'Eeyore:
Thank you x
 Hyphin 16 Mar 2016

BringUpMyPost, just post that to the thread now and then, though sure others will too, to keep your thread active and visible. thoughts are with you and your family
In reply to Hyphin:

Thank you so much. (I need all the help I can get with this forum)
 marsbar 16 Mar 2016
Thinking of you and your family
 99ster 16 Mar 2016

Have you also posted on the http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/ forum?
My thoughts are with you and your family.
In reply to 99ster:
I'm losing track but I'll certainly check and do so if I haven't already.

Thank you so much

marie_p 17 Mar 2016

Thinking of you and your friends and family a lot this week. Hopefully the good weather forecast for the weekend will mean that lots of people will be out and about. You're doing well to make sure as many of those people as possible will have heard about your dad.
Lynn (Jim Robertson's daughter) 17 Mar 2016
In reply to marie_p:

Thank you for your support. Really am trying my best. X

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...