UKC

Everest Base Camp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NessaMay 08 Mar 2016
Hello Everyone
I'm after some advice, I'm looking at trekking to Everest Base Camp May 2017 and would like some advice on which travel company to book with. I've heard of Intrepid and Explore. As a young British female travelling alone I would prefer predominantly English speaking groups etc and between 2 to 3 weeks trekking time as I have about 4 weeks off from quite an intensive job. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also I want to go trekking in Europe this year as practise/training for Everest Base Camp, if you know of any good company's that would be great,
Thank you in advance
Ness
 Mountain Llama 08 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:
Hi Ness

I used jagged globe for my Nepal expedition. Very well run with an English speaking guide.

They also do UK and euro courses to pick up skills and experience.

Not cheap but we'll worth the cash.

HTC Davey
Post edited at 22:08
 The Bantam 08 Mar 2016
In reply to Mountain Llama:

+1 for Jagged Globe.
 Brass Nipples 08 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

Take a look at Doug Scott's company which also puts something back into the community.

http://www.catreks.com/our-treks/nepal/everest-region/everest-base-camp-via...
 Adam_Turner 08 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

Another vote for Jagged Globe.
LakeDistrictMountaineer 08 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

Adventure Peaks is worth a look.
 IceKing 09 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

http://www.3sistersadventuretrek.com/ Nepali female guides for female trekkers. Well regarded and your dollars are going directly to Nepali families who need it much more than Western outfits. Don't necessarily dismiss organising directly with a Nepali outfit it is just as easy to organise and can be a much more rewarding experience. Many of the big western trekking organisations camp on the main trekking routes which is totally unnecessary and stay in lodges is mych more fun and warmer. They camp in the grounds of the lodges anyway so you don't gain anything from taking that route.
 Andypeak 09 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

I went with g adventures last year when the earth quake happened. Cant praise them and our guide enough for the way the situation was handled. Highly recomended.
 katherinec85 09 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

Hi,

I went with Adventure Peaks, and couldn't fault them.

Our guide quickly sorted any problems - even down to getting us to Lukla on a helicopter with some Russian Geologists when there was a huge backlog of passengers waiting for planes at Kathmandu airport after a spate of bad weather. He also sorted out medical attention for me when I became ill. Feel free to email me for more info.
OP NessaMay 09 Mar 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

Thank you so much for all your replies.
If there's anything else you can help me with I would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Ness
OP NessaMay 13 Mar 2016
I'm all booked onto a trip to Everest Base Camp with Jagged Globe.
Thank you so much for your advice.
Can't wait for my trip now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...