UKC

The Skiing is very good in Chamonix right now....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Searle 10 Mar 2016
Check out my TR here..
http://davesearle.me/2016/03/10/sunshine/

Let me know if you need any advice too.. I'm more than happy to help!
 Mr-Cowdrey 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

Stop it, you're making me jealous i just hope these conditions hold out for another 2-3weeks as I'm out there next Monday!
 Postmanpat 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

Ggrrrr....
James Jackson 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

Sweet! How are the couloirs off the Aiguille du Midi (Cosmiques, Cunningham etc) looking? Potentially trying to factor in a flying visit over Easter holiday period...
 Dan Arkle 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

Great photos, especially from a compact.

Very jealous
 Webster 10 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

the skiing is very good in Scotland right now... with the added bonus of less French
James Jackson 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Webster:

> the skiing is very good in Scotland right now... with the added bonus of less French

This weekend may change that a bit...
 Postmanpat 11 Mar 2016
In reply to James Jackson:

> This weekend may change that a bit...

The French are invading? Man the barricades!!
Rigid Raider 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:
Grrrr! Don't make me jealous! This is causing me real pain; last year we couldn't ski because we splashed all the lolly on a new kitchen and this year we have my elderly MIL staying while she receives chemo so we are stuck at home.

Go up the Grands Montets and ski the Pas de Chevre, it's a cracking challenge.
Post edited at 08:25
 mountainbagger 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

I was in La Clusaz last weekend. The conditions were fantastic - lots of fresh snow and good weather. My friends (who are better skiers/boarders than me) enjoyed some excellent off-piste, whilst I had a great time on and off-piste (mostly on!).
 Webster 11 Mar 2016
In reply to James Jackson:

only a little bit
 meliasen 11 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

I'm hoping to pay a visit a visit around April 16. This will be my first time to the Alps since I moved to the UK Dec. 2014. Super keen off piste resort/backcountry skier. What do you reckon might be good this time of year? I'm also not rich, so price is certainly a consideration! I really appreciate any info, thanks!
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 12 Mar 2016
In reply to Dave Searle:

Great photos Dave.
James Jackson 12 Mar 2016
In reply to Webster:

Well... The lovely powder-filled gullies won't be powder-filled any more. With a freeze it'll be spring-like snow, which is cool, but not the same! Bring on another dump of snow!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...