UKC

Anyone ski on Volkl Yumi skis?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Babika 14 Mar 2016
Hi

I've just taken delivery of some Volkl Yumi skis - first new pair for around 18 years and I'm very excited. But at 125/83/103 they seem considerably less waisted than my old Rossignol Bandits and I'm suddenly nervous.

I did a lot of research and talked to FreezePro in Edinburgh a lot before buying, but has anyone got any direct experience of these skis - on and off piste?

Off to Tigne in a couple of weeks and I'm sure it'll be great, but any tips or thoughts definitely appreciated!

Thanks
 Gael Force 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Babika:
Difficult to comment without knowing your skiing ability/wt/ length of ski. These are a good piste ski for an average skier, but won't be good in deep powder, shallow powder will be fine.
I've come to the conclusion that if you can afford it you need 2 pairs , one for the piste and one fat pair for powder days, off piste, but I don't work in winter just ski so I suppose I can justify the expense.
If you get loads of powder when your away I think I would hire some fat skis, it's just so much better fun!

The only thing I would say about shops is to remember they'll only want to sell you what they stock.
Post edited at 15:35
OP Babika 14 Mar 2016
In reply to Gael Force:

> These are a good piste ski for an average skier, but won't be good in deep powder, shallow powder will be fine.

Hooray! That's me!
I'm about 90% piste and 10% off and my days of bumps and jumps have diminished quite a bit so that is actually a vote of confidence for me

This shop definitely didn't "sell me what they stocked" as I spent ages researching different skis looking at weights, styles etc (these were Women's Ski of the Year 2015) and then went round looking for a shop that stocked them, not the other way round. In fact they were pretty hard to get hold of as most had sold out, and I didn't want to import as I wanted bindings fitted here in UK and to be able to discuss them. Ended up with Marker Bindings which (being an ignoramus) I had never heard of, but they seem to be the dogs b*****

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...