UKC

Nevis Range Ski to Aonach Mor Summit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dark-Cloud 16 Mar 2016
Excuse my general ignorance but rarely venture into Scotland bein a Lake District dweller, was going to race the Skimo at Nevis Range this weekend but as a result of stuffing my knee that's not going to happen so still heading up for a weekend away anyway.

Had a look at the webcams and cover doesn't look great but from the top of the gondola what's the terrain like for a skin/walk up to the summit of Aonach Mor and a look into the back corries to take some photos etc ?

The knee won't take much steep stuff but a gentle outing will be fine and will have the dog in tow (on a lead of course) so any descent will be very gentle.
 ed woods 16 Mar 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

If you head over to the Quad chair, skin up under that & follow the Cat Track piste to the summit plateau this is pretty mellow terrain. Heading up Nid ridge would be a better route (above Coire Dubh etc) but the slopes around Warren's T bar are fairly steep.
 CurlyStevo 16 Mar 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Just don't over do it. I've put my knee back at square one in the past over estimating what it can cope with.
OP Dark-Cloud 16 Mar 2016
In reply to ed woods:

Cheers, might just be a walk to the top to watch the racing and leave skis at home anyway, crampons required ?

CurlyStevo, yep, thanks, at physio tomorrow night so will let him give the final sign off, just strained LCL and MCL so nothing too bad.
 ed woods 17 Mar 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Hi, not been up in a while, but reckon you'd be fine on the route I mention without them. Probably getting soft under foot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...