UKC

Tignes Indoor Climbing Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FinlayThomson 16 Mar 2016
Hi there

I am going skiing in Tignes, France in a couple of weeks and have seen pictures of there indoor climbing wall. It looks like a great place to spend a down day if the weather puts the skiing on hold.

Does anyone know if there is any top roping routes or is it all lead? I wont have space/weight to take a rope, so there would the no point in taking my harness if its all lead climbing.

If anyone knows anything that would be great.
Cheers
 philgriffiths 16 Mar 2016
In reply to FinlayThomson:

This page has more specific information about the climbing facilities:
http://en.tignes.net/discover/facilities/tignespace-centre

I was there in January and brought my climbing shoes so I could use the bouldering, which I thought was OK if it's reasonably quiet. The roped climbing is quite extensive but all the lines were lead-only (no in-situ top-ropes) and you and a partner will have to bring your own personal climbing gear if you want to use any it (harnesses, belay device and 40m rope etc) as none of that could be hired when I was there. I also remember there was a rule that only liquid chalk could be used and you'd also have to bring that as well, but can't see any mention of this on the website.

OP FinlayThomson 18 Mar 2016
In reply to philgriffiths:

Thanks Phil. I thought that would be the case. Might take my shoes for a bit of bouldering but I certainly wont have the space for the rest of my gear!

Cheers!
 RX-78 05 Apr 2016
In reply to FinlayThomson:

Hi, just back from Tignes, and went to visit the climbing wall, the bouldering is not up to much (routes not graded nor clearly marked, seemed a bit random and mixed up - in the words of one local I asked) , and I had kids running under me as I climbed, so gave up after a short while. The lead rope set up looked good though and if I go skiing again to Tignes I will bring rope and harness. I can confirm that liquid chalk is required, it can be bought at reception it seems. I paid 5 euros to get access to the wall, so very cheap compared to London!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...