UKC

NEWS: New E8 on Mull for Dave MacLeod: Ice Burn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 21 Mar 2016
Dave MacLeod on the FA of Ice Burn E8, 5 kbDave MacLeod has made the first ascent of a stunning granite crack line near Kintra on the Isle of Mull, which he has graded E8 6c and named Ice Burn. The 20m crack has been touted "A mini Requiem (E8 6c) on granite" and involves stern layback and finger jams with a crimpy finish.

Read more
 The Pylon King 21 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent stuff. At last, some worthwhile news.
 GDes 21 Mar 2016
In reply to Urgles:

What an odd comment. Why is this news more newsworthy than anything else that's been reported? A route that is compared by the first ascentionist to a climb that was done in the early 1980's, and in the same style, is hardly Earth shattering is it? Not that I'm saying it shouldn't be reported, just curious why you think this is so much better than anything else done recently
 Michael Gordon 21 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Looks superb. And Dave could even go back for the 'Rhapsody Finish'
 bensilvestre 21 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Looks amazing. As does that boulder problem. Makes me want to get better at bouldering, a rarity
 ralphio 21 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Contender for prettiest crag location in the world?
bud the dog 22 Mar 2016
In reply to GDes:

Because its a great effort, fantastic location, good clean line and we all know its proberly E10 knowing Dav

Loz
 MischaHY 22 Mar 2016
In reply to GDes:

I suspect because it's a trad first ascent. Look, dogma! #triggered.

Everything aside, it looks ace. There seems to be so much development potential on the Scottish islands!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...