UKC

A591

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wainers44 22 Mar 2016
Hi

Taking the bikes to the Lakes this weekend. Anyone know if bikes can use the temporary track over Dunmail Raise yet? We fancy a traffic free ride from St Johns to Grasmere!

Cheers
 Dark-Cloud 22 Mar 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

I'm not 100% sure but I believe cyclists can use it, BUT, it won't be traffic free as the buses and certain other local vehicles can use it.
In reply to Wainers44:

I don't know how they're progressing with the new cycle/pedestrian path, but it should in theory be finished soon-ish. Maybe not in time for you this trip: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=70279
 Rog Wilko 22 Mar 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

We cycled from top of Dun mail Raise to Keswick few weeks back. Bikes OK on temporary road. The odd bus and the odd contractors vehicle on west-of-lake road. A591 into Keswick very quiet and much of it pristine new tarmac. We rode down St Johns-in-the-Vale to the A66 and into Keswick that way. Much work going on on that road - a damaged bridge can be by-passed through United Utilities car park, fortunately. Sadly, the bike route along the old railway from Threlkeld in to Keswick is closed owing to bridge damage.
OP Wainers44 22 Mar 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

Thanks very much for all the replies. When I said traffic free I meant comparatively speaking!!

Thanks for the info though, sounds like it might be ok to get the bikes through.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...