UKC

Alpine boot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tingle 26 Mar 2016
Planning an alpine trip and will be spending a week on nothing above a PD route although this does include mont blanc, so i was looking at warmer yet light boots and decided to look at the la sportiva evo s GTX but when i tried them on they didnt feel any more insulated than my hill walking pair of saloman quest 4s GTX boots. Should i stick to my Salomans with boot warmers or rent/buy some bigger nepal evos or something of the like?
 Mountain Llama 26 Mar 2016
In reply to tingle:

I doubt your boots will take a crampon so you will need an alternative.

I have the evo gtx and the insulation is very good and not bulky, fine for summer alpine and MB

what ever boots you go for make sure you try them before you buy.

HTH Davey
OP tingle 26 Mar 2016
In reply to Mountain Llama:

i guess reading more reviews it might be quite hard to feel the insulation in a nice warm shop, the UKC article is pretty kind to them. Also i was thinking my salomons might be stiff enough for my G10s in the long run, but i appear to be wrong about that too.
In reply to tingle:

I take you are refering to the Trango Evos and not the nepals (which are very warm). I have the Trango Extremes which are stiffer and warmer than the Evo S - fantastic boot. wear mine pretty much all year when mountaineering in the UK.
OP tingle 26 Mar 2016
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
Yeah of course sorry I didn't clarify, to be fair these salomons are the stiffest boot I have had, always been more of a mid top fan for UK stuff, I'll take a look at them thankyou.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...