UKC

VIDEO: Banter... Tom Randall Climbs, Richie Patterson Comments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 30 Mar 2016
[Banter... Tom Randall Climbs, Richie Patterson Comments]

Wideboy and general climbing hero Tom Randall climbs a 7c+ with a busted knee. Richie Patterson does the commentary. A good bit of old fashioned crag banter, we were laughing out loud by the end.

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=3089

Mick Ward 30 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

A treat for later when I get back from work. Patta's banter used to be pretty full-on...

Mick
 Mick Ward 30 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Well, what can one say... poisoned dwarf gets a pretty convincing climbing lesson?

Mick

Rick Graham 30 Mar 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

> Well, what can one say... poisoned dwarf gets a pretty convincing climbing lesson?

" Poisoned Dwarf "

Far too kind, Mick.

Mick Ward 30 Mar 2016
In reply to Rick Graham:

Give him his due (if one really must!) he stuck his neck out a long, long way, once upon a time with a FA which was quite something back then.

Born Slippy (E9 6c)

Mick
 Rick Graham 30 Mar 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

Anything else positive?
 jon 30 Mar 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:

Don't know why Mick, but the commentary reminded me of this: …~ youtube.com/watch?v=KWpRcRCUKsY&
 Mick Ward 30 Mar 2016
In reply to Rick Graham:

Well I'm working on it. Just give me some time... err, maybe quite a lot of time. For now, we'll just have live with the image of a very young (and insufferably gobby) RP amusing the crowds by hooking his wrists off the pockets on Pepsicomaine in the pissing rain. Fair play to him though, he got up it.

The next day, an even younger Simon Lee (Shark on here) made an epic onsight of Dresden, pumped shitless, by some miracle just getting each clip, somehow missing becoming tomato paste.

It's great being old - you've got the dirt on most everybody...

(But then again, this could work both ways! Memo to self: be squeaky clean polite before one's own indiscretions get revealed.)

Mick
 Mick Ward 30 Mar 2016
In reply to jon:

Jon, you've obviously exposed a glaring gap in my cultural education. Why was I wasting time with Latin ("Amo, amas, amat, zzzzzzzzzzzz....) when such glories were on offer?

Pore ole Mr Cook. Went on the razzle one weekend, came back and found that David Frost had nicked his crown. But what an amazing talent.

Mick
 UKB Shark 30 Mar 2016
In reply to Mick Ward:
> The next day, an even younger Simon Lee (Shark on here) made an epic onsight of Dresden, pumped shitless, by some miracle just getting each clip, somehow missing becoming tomato paste.

> It's great being old - you've got the dirt on most everybody...

> (But then again, this could work both ways! Memo to self: be squeaky clean polite before one's own indiscretions get revealed.)

> Mick

Would that were true that I was younger than Richie. Yes wind back the years to an overweight, over-muscley Brit in a goldfish bowl shaking his way horribly up the route (in stark contrast to the lean French cruisers) which led Richie to yell "Les Anglais" at the top of his voice when I got to the belay. Should have planted a union jack at the belay.

No dirt comes to mind other than you being frequently in car accidents but never the cause (in the sight of the law)
Post edited at 20:27
 Toerag 31 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

We need more crag banter videos of people on trad routes "yer gonna die...."
 Mick Ward 31 Mar 2016
In reply to shark:

Hey, you bloody did it - which is why you're still alive! Forgot about Richie giving it, "Les Anglais!!!" Good on him, us lot bumbling along at Buoux, taking the piss out of everything that moved, everyone else desperately trying to be ever so '80s cool. Well, apart from a certain Scots character... but may be better not to mention him (though your response was pure class).

Re the car accidents, I think the only thing I ever did which was unquestionably wrong was letting a certain Scouser take the wheel. By the time I'd been jolted awake to utter the immortal words, "For f*ck's sake, slow down!" it was already too late.

Good to see that 'young'(!) Richie's still getting to the crag and (like the rest of us) being shown what to do by his/our betters.

All best wishes,

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...