UKC

First Time snowdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
limmy 31 Mar 2016
Hello all, first time here so go easy,

I have climbed on and off for many years mostly at the local wall in notts and a few times outdoors (black rock and stanage edge) but as i'm getting older and waking up each day with a different pain lol i have gone off the scene for awhile now...

so this year would like to start doing walks and finding some nice places to go, I really like the idea of snowdon and also grib goch.... what would you advise on what i need to walk first before i take on the grib and what kind of equipment would i need for walking as a basic set up?

I will be going up snowdon in the next three weeks to do the pyg track then i thought about doing moel siabod at the beginning of May and aiming for grib around the end of May..

Thoughts and suggestions welcome

Limmy
In reply to limmy:

If you have experience of climbing outdoors then i would say you'd be fine to go straight for Crib Goch, i've done the route with people with 0 hiking, scrambling or climbing experience before and they absolutely loved it and didn't find the route too challenging, albeit the length of the horseshoe as a hole.

Dark-Cloud 31 Mar 2016
In reply to limmy:

Plenty of advice over the years if you look hard enough:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/search.php?forum=0&dates=1&na...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...