UKC

stretching leather climbing shoes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 foxjerk 31 Mar 2016
for some ocd reason i've been buying red chilli spirits of the internet for ages now (only my size, i'm not completely mento) because they fit me perfectly. trouble is they were obviously made in stages, e.g. mark 1, mark 2 etc. and my most recent purchase ("thanks" to ebay seller in case he reads this) are smaller than the other pairs i own and possibly also have thicker soles. they are leather and only about 1/4 size too small, but absolutely not comfortable like all my other pairs.

what do UKCers think my chances are of somehow stretching these are: is it worth persevering? i'm thinking as the rubber thins (maybe via unnatural mechanical means - think cheese grater on steroids) they might be more receptive to this.

anyone got any tips?

you should now realise that i am tight, but maybe my best option is to resell and modernise?

cheers
 Pedro50 31 Mar 2016
In reply to foxjerk:

If I'm correct that they are unlined suede then they are very likely to stretch naturally with wear until they are comfortable
 wiwwim 31 Mar 2016
In reply to foxjerk:

perhaps cheesegrater on feet might be more cost effective, shoes are expensive
 tspoon1981 01 Apr 2016
In reply to foxjerk:

Buy some shoe stretchers and leather stretch spray, it's cheap and far less painful than wedging your feet into tiny shoes.

http://tinyurl.com/hottjta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...