UKC

Shoulder Injury; Recovery/Prevention

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Eskimoh 31 Mar 2016
Hey! Started climbing again recently. after a long break due to growth plate fractures.
I was off for about 6 months and took up gym and running meanwhile.

I recently got back into climbing, feeling a lot stronger than before.

On the most recent trip I felt a sharp pain at the rear of my shoulder (There was a pinch at about shoulder height which you had to pull in and down on)
I stopped climbing and went home. My shoulder just ached, no decrease in range of movement.

I feel pain with certain movements, which then makes it ache for a while after. (hard to explain what movements)
I did search for what it could be, but I got negatives for a bunch of shoulder injury tests.

Just wondering what I should do now, I want to go climbing again, but I don't know how long to leave it, or what strengthening/recuperative exercises I should be doing if any.

Cheers for your help!

pebblespanker 01 Apr 2016
In reply to Eskimoh:

There's an 'Ask The Physio' thread on UKB where you could post your question as well as here but strongly suggest getting medical advice/diagnosis from your GP etc as well. Some climbing walls have associated Physio's so maybe worth checking your local walls for such services - either way get some hands-on professional medical advice, diagnosis via web questions can be a useful guide but is not infallible and there's no physical examination... good luck with recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...