UKC

10/04/16 Borrowdale crags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CHarrison 09 Apr 2016
I'm after a bit of advice.
I was hoping to dust off the trad rack and do some easy routes in the lake district tomorrow, having not done little chamonix that seemed like a great way to start my season off.

A friend of mine says the weather hasn't been great over that way and I should be mindful of seepage and wet rock.

Given the forcast can anybody help me out with their predictions of what easy routes (upto VS) should be dry tomorrow
In reply to SomeClimbingGuy:

4 degrees cold and wet here, Shepherds would be the best option.
Everything else soaked.
OP CHarrison 09 Apr 2016
In reply to Dave Cumberland:

Thanks, shepherds would be my preferred destination anyway.
It's forcast 10/11 degrees and sunny tomorrow, I'll try to find some information about how well it dries and possibly take the plunge of driving over
 Mark Eddy 09 Apr 2016

Tipping it down in Ambleside and snowing above about 250/300m
Shepherds faces west so won't benefit from any morning sun. Leave it until the afternoon to give it a chance to dry, should be okay by then.
OP CHarrison 09 Apr 2016
In reply to A Mountain Journey:

Thanks, It's a bit of a drive for me to get to Borrowdale so I think I will try to get out closer to home tomorrow maybe even local bouldering
 climbingpixie 09 Apr 2016

Shepherds was gopping today. Had just started to dry out a bit and then the hail started, followed by the rain.
 stewart murray 10 Apr 2016
Gouther Crag in Swindale near Shap is a good alternative if driving over from N.E. as it can be dry when it's raining elsewhere in the Lakes. (Don't think it would have been this weekend though).
OP CHarrison 10 Apr 2016

Looks like I made the right choice then, I headed to Bowden Doors and ticked off a few routes whilst basking in glorious sunshine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...