UKC

Suunto Watches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ambit 3 Peak Vs. Traverse

They have ever so slightly different features.
Which one did you pick? Why? What are the pros/cons of your watch?
 DaveHK 15 Apr 2016
In reply to stucknortherner:

Don't know much about the traverse but I've got an Ambit 3 Peak. Looks like the Traverse is styled and marketed as more of an every day watch, it's certainly less bulky. It seems they've sacrificed battery life a bit though which would have put me off but whether or not that's a problem depends on intended usage.

What would you be using it for?
In reply to DaveHK:

I'm ML(S) so for general mountaineering, jogging when at home. I want the GPS, route tracking, ABC functions...

I had a Core for the ABC functions and a separate eTrex gps, but they got stolen in a burglary yday. Need to cheer myself up!
 DaveHK 15 Apr 2016
The Traverse battery life (10 or 14hrs depending on GPS fix rate) might not be sufficient for tracking multi day trips or really big days if you wanted to do that. I don't remember considering the traverse at the time but that would've ruled it out for me.

Really pleased with the Peak. It does what I need it to do very well.
Post edited at 07:43
 DaveHK 15 Apr 2016

Although if you're happy with a one minute fix rate you can get 100hrs out of it whilst tracking. Peak gives 20 30 and 200 hrs at 1s,5s and 1min fix intervals.
In reply to DaveHK:

does it connect to your phone and give text alerts etc like an iWatch and the Fenix?
 DaveHK 15 Apr 2016

Don't know because that wasn't something I wanted. The UK Suunto site has good summaries of what each watch does.
 hokkyokusei 15 Apr 2016

> does it connect to your phone and give text alerts etc like an iWatch and the Fenix?

I think the Peak does, yes. The best web site for reviews and comparisons of these watches is this one: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

I've got a Fenix 3 myself and I'm very happy with it.

I've bitten the bullet...
£220 for Ambit 3 Peak!
Nothing like retail therapy to cheer you up!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...