UKC

Richmond North Yorkshire Climbs/Scrambles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
spacemaker 24 Apr 2016
Hi, I'm looking for somewhere close to Richmond, north yorks to do some scrambles or easy climbs with my 9yr grandson. He's just starting so not looking for anything high or diff. Heard Hudswell Crag has some climbs but cant find anything recent about its condition. Any help much appreciated.
 BobtheBagger 24 Apr 2016
In reply to spacemaker:

Scugdale up near Swainby on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, is a nice little crag for kids and not too far from Richmond.
 guisboro andy 25 Apr 2016
In reply to spacemaker:

have a look at climbonline.co.uk has a list of all local crags and climbs
 Mike Conlon 25 Apr 2016
In reply to spacemaker:
In my experience most of the crags in Swaledale have their challenges, with loose rock, dodgy top outs and descents, etc. Downholme Quarry could fit your bill. It is relatively stable, has a safe base and descents, and with a rigging rope it is easy to set up a bottom rope. Unfortunately there are only a few easy routes but there are a number of middle grade routes to test out grandson. Check out the BMC RAD for current access arrangements which have been "relaxed" and simply requires a phone call to the range bookings office. Downholme is a glorious place to spend a couple of hours on a sunny evening.
Post edited at 09:25
 Simon Caldwell 25 Apr 2016
In reply to spacemaker:

Slipstones isn't too far away

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...