UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - The Climber's Shop Celebrates Shop Opening

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Climbers Shop - Milton Keynes, 4 kbTo celebrate the opening of our fantastic new Milton Keynes store The Climbers Shop are offering you the chance to win a pair of Rab Neutrino 600 sleeping bags worth over £500!!!!!

Read more
 sbc_10 28 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

I wish them well.
I have always had good service and solid no-nonsense advice from the staff in Ambleside.

I should declare an interest here. I was at School with Paul. Infact I think we were both left for a week in a remote Himalayan village as we both had feet too rubbish to go trekking (frostbite and infected heel).

My parents are still in Stony Stratford and I know that the town is pleased to site occupied again

I popped in the first day that they opened to say hi to Catherine and Paul. I also need Rock shoes for 3 teenagers so we shopped for those at the same time. Great service and advice.

All the best for the future.

Rich 28 Apr 2016

Hi Paul, Cathy

This took me back. Remember you both well from the early nineties when I lived in MK and bought all my kit from the Stoney shop ... when it was owned by John?

Great to see you looking well and still climbing. Will try and pop in next time I'm down visiting my parents (living in Leeds now).

Rich
 TobyA 28 Apr 2016
In reply to Rich:

So what has happened to the Outdoor Shop? Is it still around? Never been there but used to buy bits from regularly over the internet.
In reply to TobyA:

> So what has happened to the Outdoor Shop? Is it still around? Never been there but used to buy bits from regularly over the internet.

The business was sold. The new owner moved to a new shop. The receivers were called in and then eventually it ceased trading
 Joolz 03 May 2016

Good luck to Catherine and Paul.
I worked at the shop from 93 to 97 and can vouch for the team of professionals back then. (Loved it too!) And since then it really has seemed to get better and better - proud to have been part of it!
 Prof. Outdoors 06 May 2016

Hope it all goes well.

I used to be the Manager at a hostel for homeless in Milton Keynes. The local YMCA, had an outdoor club, of which I was a member, used the Outdoor Shop when Paul and Cathy worked there.

Paul, Cathy and other staff were not only friendly but very knowledgeable about their products. Good range, good personal service.

Good luck with this venture. Always good to see knowledgeable local independents do well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...