UKC

scarpa marmolada or salewa mt trainer mid -crampons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pietrach 02 May 2016
Hi
Do you have any experience in using any of the above boots with crampons on easy winter walks?

I want to know if these are capable of taking crampons occasionaly in scottish winter, nothing difficult.
Ysgo 03 May 2016
In reply to Pietrach:

Marmoladas are B1 (if a bit bendy)
Mountain Trainer Mid is B0.

I've got Marmoladas because they're super light, super precise, crampon compatible, and using Outdry they won't get heavier when out in the wet.
 Guy Hurst 03 May 2016
In reply to Pietrach:

Either could be used with Kahtoola KTS steel crampons, which will even work with running shoes and provide ample traction on easy winter ground.
 Kimberley 04 May 2016
In reply to Pietrach:

I recently debated between the Marmalado or Rebel lites which are only 76g heavier.

My conclusion was to get the Rebel lites which are more crampon compatible and of course they were £180 at Go Outdoors.

Very pleased with them
OP Pietrach 05 May 2016
In reply to Kimberley:

> My conclusion was to get the Rebel lites which are more crampon compatible and of course they were £180 at Go Outdoors.
> Very pleased with them

Would you say Rebel are suitable as an all year round boot for Scottish hills? I would be doing probably 60% of summer (no snow) walking, and remaining 40% where snow may be present.
Ysgo 10 May 2016
In reply to Pietrach:

> 40% where snow may be present.

Definitely go for the Rebels in that case. Semi-auto crampons are quicker and easier to fit. If you were talking more like 5-10% the Marmoladas are great. For the amount you're talking about the Rebels are a better bet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...