UKC

Windows 10 and Lightroom - any issues?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone_donkey 05 May 2016
I'm thinking of caving in to the constant nags from Microsoft on my PC to upgrade to Win 10 (from Win 7). Has anyone else done this and were there any issues with Lightroom (v5 or v6) or PS Elements?
 AdrianC 05 May 2016
In reply to Stone_donkey:

Yes. And no.
 JDal 05 May 2016

Some punters have had big problems upgrading to W10. I've done W8->10 and W7->10 on 2 laptops, an Asus netbook and a desktop with just one driver issue when, for some reason, I decided to wipe the desktop and build from a W10 CD I'd created.

LR/PS are fine on it.

IMHO it's about the same level of goodness as W7 was, a bit faster if anything. But make sure you read up on stopping your neighbours using your network & bandwidth when they do updates, and get the privacy settings right. I find it easiest to do this stuff during the install.

A couple of examples of what I'm on about:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2955491/windows/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-...

https://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/windows-8/how-to-change-your-windows-1...
 Alex Riley 05 May 2016
In reply to JDal:

I had problems with the lr6 using my AMD processor. Downloaded a patch and it works fine now.
 JDal 05 May 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

Ah, good info. I should have specified - I'm using LR/PS CC which is LR 6 I believe? And my processer is Intel and on a 64 bit system.
cap'nChino 05 May 2016

Can't speak about lightroom. But I accidentally ( I am sure microsoft were a little ambiguous in which button to press to stop the upgrade) upgraded to 10 from 7 with Photoshop CS4 and there were no compatibility issues. I was bricking it when it upgraded!!
 ChrisJD 05 May 2016
Gone from Win 7 to Win 10 on three desktops (all 64 bit) and 1 laptop. No issues.

For me, Win10 feels like a slightly ungraded Win7.

No issues with LR6 on Win10.
Post edited at 20:44
OP Stone_donkey 06 May 2016

Ok, thanks for the feedback - sounds like I should grit my teeth and push on through. Perhaps not just a few days before my daughter needs to submit her college final reports though....
jedicolin 06 May 2016

I have Windows 10 with Lightroom 5 and have had no problems.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...