UKC

Chafing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 09 May 2016
I've got the chafe real back on both sides of my nads. Happened after a a long pacing run where my undershorts rode up and cut me to ribbons. I've been living with it for a couple of weeks now applying sudocream, buts its not getting better, I can't train for fear damaging the skin more. I have a half marathon on Sunday, any ideas to speed up healing?
 Stig 09 May 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Climb on? Might be a bit harsh but seems to work on my hands.

I was reading a P-B-P account in the audax mag last night and he swears by Germolene to prevent chafing so at least that sounds applicable to the region!

My wife is a pharmacist and I think she has some reason fro not using sudocrem... I think it's a barrier cream so doesnt allow so much air in to assist healing??
Ferret 09 May 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Try Lansinoh? Its what breastfeeding mothers use for nipple issues... having swiped the tail end of madame ferrets supply I've found it extraordinary at preventing chaff on nipples, under runny nose, around eyes where I get sweat/saltburn stuff going on and generally good at fixing any areas that are in fact damaged.... Its not cheap but does seem very very good at both prevention and repair.
 Roadrunner5 09 May 2016
In reply to goldmember:

http://mountainpeakfitness.com/blog/2016-rock-the-ridge-50-iain-ridgway

There's a finish line pic on this report of my nipples bleeding during a 50 miler...

I generally just find vaseline is OK and use it on all long runs, that and light short shorts.

But it needs re-applying on longer runs. Last week I just dabbed some on and it wasn't enough..
 Yanis Nayu 09 May 2016
In reply to Roadrunner5:

I can't believe I just clicked a link to look at your nipples!
 dan wisey 09 May 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Nivea soft moisturiser, works a treat
 Dave the Rave 09 May 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Bepanthen. Midwives recommend it for nappy rash. Sudocrem is no good or Vaseline.
 SenzuBean 09 May 2016
In reply to goldmember:

> I've got the chafe real back on both sides of my nads. Happened after a a long pacing run where my undershorts rode up and cut me to ribbons. I've been living with it for a couple of weeks now applying sudocream, buts its not getting better, I can't train for fear damaging the skin more. I have a half marathon on Sunday, any ideas to speed up healing?

Potentially daft question - but what material are your undershorts made of and how tight are they?
 yorkshireman 09 May 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Have you tried compression shorts? On long stuff I wear them to stop chafing - I also lob a handful of 'Udderly Smooth' cream in a few strategic locations and tend to be OK most of the time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...