UKC

Sd card recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kassius 11 May 2016
Hi guys I've got some jpeg and cr2 files I need to rescue from a sd card it registers in the computer but just asks to be formatted same in my camera. I've ran card recovery and it finds all the files but they want 39.95 anyone know a free program please
 duchessofmalfi 11 May 2016
In reply to Kassius:

If it works in the computer then copy all the files onto the computer.

Make sure they are there on the computer exactly as you want them - double check.

Then let the camera reformat the card and start again.
OP Kassius 11 May 2016
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

The computer reconises the card but the files don't show up it just says the card needs reformatting
In reply to Kassius:
Only option I've done which was "free" - if you need a new card or an additional card anyway, buy one with a free (trial) recovery software. Last year I had a card that went faulty and just used the free recovery software (it happened to be unlimited in the number of files for recovery though I had to register to use it without limit) that came with a different sd card and it found and restored all the photos from the faulty card. Once these were on the pc I scrapped the faulty sd card.

If there are only a few files on the card, I believe some recovery software will give you a free trial without the cost of buying a new sd card.

Mike-W-99 11 May 2016
In reply to Kassius:

Try photorec, free and works well.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
A Fish Shop 11 May 2016
In reply to Kassius:

Try this, image recovery is freeware.

http://z-a-recovery.com
OP Kassius 11 May 2016
In reply to Kassius:

Thanks guys sorted it. Good karma is coming your way
 graeme jackson 12 May 2016
In reply to Kassius:

which did you use?
OP Kassius 13 May 2016
In reply to graeme jackson:

Z/a recovery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...