UKC

Parking in Les Houches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 13 May 2016
Yeah I know, a bit inappropriate posting here but which other forum would be better?

Anyway, like it says on the can - hope to to the TdMB this summer with my tribe, so need to park up for 12 days. Will it be relatively easy/relatively safe to find some on-street parking, maybe in a residential part, or should I try and be a bit more creative/throw some money at it?
 funalps 14 May 2016
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Hi Rob, For people wanting to do the TMB, the Les Houches tourist office recommends the parking next to the lake at Les Chavants. the SW end of Les Houches. I am not qualified to comment on security issues. Gus
 /tmp 14 May 2016

funalps suggestion sounds good, we spent a couple of weeks at Gaillands which was nice as it had a toilet and fountains for water near by. Parking up for the night didn't really seem a problem anywhere round those parts.
 Wainers44 14 May 2016

Hi Rob, we stayed in an apartment at the SW end, next to the Lake and the parking there looked fine. Quite a few campers came and went during the week so there was always someone about.

I would be happy to leave a vehicle there.
In reply to funalps:

Thanks folks, I knew UKC wouldn't let me down! I'll check out the tourist office for other info as well.
 deepstar 15 May 2016

I've slept in my van in the car par park by the lake, very pleasant, there was a guy with a pizza van while we were there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...