UKC

What brush do you use?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DowneR 15 May 2016
Hi all,
The new outdoor season is here and once again I started looking around for a proper brush to clean boulder problems. For years I avoid too expensive and overated brushes such as Lapis and Sublime. I tried using all kind of home brushes...but most of them have plastic wire and as you know natural bristle just cleans better. This year I'm testing the Chupacabra boulder brushes. Got 2 of the wooden models. The quality seems fine and the price is surprisingly lower. What brushes do you use? What could you recommend me?
In reply to DowneR:
> What brushes do you use? What could you recommend me?

Wire brush and Dettol. Three times a day.
Post edited at 18:22
 maybe_si 15 May 2016
In reply to DowneR:

Lapis was the best choice (Although prone to snapping) until the Sublime boar hair brush appeared. It really is the best brush around, may cost a bit but it's longevity is impressive and makes it worthwhile.
 3leggeddog 15 May 2016
In reply to DowneR:

I have promised myself a pint and a moment of smug satisfaction the day I see someone cleaning a hold with an electric tooth brush. It looks like that day just got closer.
 galpinos 15 May 2016
In reply to DowneR:

Outside - Lapis

Inside - Anything
 JCurrie 15 May 2016
In reply to DowneR:

This is an advert, no?
DowneR 16 May 2016
In reply to 3leggeddog:

haha yeah we're getting closer to this moment
 Andy Farnell 16 May 2016
In reply to DowneR: Oral B rechargeable, with rotating head. Cleans from to top bottom, even below the gum line

Andy F

Greasy Prusiks 16 May 2016
In reply to DowneR:

So this is what a gear thread for boulderers looks like? Poor gear deprived sods.
DowneR 16 May 2016
In reply to DowneR:
i'll just disregard the intolerant punks... The rest of you - has anyone tried gordon brush? It's a US producer, not for climbing gear. Just found out some nice looking bruhses available on ebay.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...