UKC

Elbow injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mord 17 May 2016
I injuryed my arm a few weeks ago. It might have been caused by not being able to warm up outside and seconding a route that was too hard to me, though I felt no pain at the time, only a few days later. I left it for a couple of weeks to rest (forced by bad weather) then climbing indoors on Thursday night and was fine the next day.

I was out climbing last night and was still able to push the grade without feeling any pain or discomfort.

However when I pulled up at work in the car this morning I couldn't pull the hand brake on in my left arm. I can now feel a slight twinge in my left elbow on the inside.

Any ideas as to what I have damaged. I suspect I will be off to see a professional soon, but it would be good to have an idea of what I might have done.

Thanks
M.
cb294 18 May 2016
In reply to Mord:

"Inside of the elbow" usually means epicondylus medialis, the bit chronically inflamed in climbers/golfers elbow. It is the bony structure where the tendons of a whole bunch of lower arm muscles connect to the bone, which obviously can also get strained acutely. Typically, the soft part just distal to the bony point on the inside (where you can feel the spearate tendons) would then be pressure sensitive.

CB
 JR 18 May 2016
In reply to Mord:

Possibly golfer's elbow/medial epicondylitis. Here's a blog I've written about recovery:

https://johnroberts.me/outdoors/2016/03/10-things-ive-learned-about-climber...
Post edited at 08:38
 aostaman 18 May 2016
In reply to Mord:

Search the forums there's lots on this (painful) topic. First of all get a professional diagnosis and they will provide an exercise program. Prepare yourself it's long haul (2-3 months) but I've had it twice and with discipline it can get resolved.

Good luck
OP Mord 18 May 2016
In reply to Mord:

Thank you everyone. I will check out the links and start resting and getting it fixed. Much appreciated.

M.
In reply to Mord:
Not sure where you are based but Tim Deykin at Sportmed in Stockport is a really good sports physio.
Post edited at 12:57

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...