UKC

Easy scrambling (Chamonix)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stephen3005 18 May 2016
I have a day spare in Chamonix whilst I wait for friends to arrive. Can anyone recommend some easy scrambles I could do to past the time?

Thanks in advance
 Mark Haward 19 May 2016
In reply to Stephen3005:

I don't know what you would regard as an easy scramble. I have scrambled / climbed solo the Crochues Traverse. There is a short section around V.Diff but most is scrambling albeit very exposed. Depending on month / season there can be snow patches before, on and on descent. After a cold night these can obviously be icy. Abseil section can be avoided down and round to the left, in direction of travel.
 sbc_10 19 May 2016
In reply to Stephen3005:

There is a ridge above the path to the Albert Premier hut.....called the Genepi Ridge I think. Access was straightforward from the Col de Balme lifts. Once the ridge gets serious, escape sideways is not easy.....as I found out.
Dependent on snow conditions etc, but the scrambling was grade 1 to 2, snow fields were flat and relatively safe in good viz.

Didn't make it to the end, but would imagine it would be a spectacular view over the Glacier de Tour.
 funalps 20 May 2016
In reply to sbc_10:

Try the following link to the Alpine Club site.

http://www.alpine-club.org.uk/funalps/?page_id=68

Click on the "fundays" link and then click on any of the routes in the pdf list for route descriptions,
OP Stephen3005 23 May 2016
In reply to funalps:

Many thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...