UKC

Selling Highlander MM ticket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Caspar 19 May 2016
Having been unable to find a partner to replace my other (injured) partner, I'm selling a a pair of tickets to the Highlander MM (June 4-5th, B Class). Let me know if you're interested.
 galpinos 19 May 2016
In reply to Caspar:
Is there not a waiting list? Have you contacted Hands On?

Oh, and hopefully see you there. A persistent chest infection has not helped my already insufficient preparation......
Post edited at 12:36
ceri 19 May 2016
In reply to Caspar:

There is a waiting list (we were on it). Do they allow selling of tickets ?
 ablackett 19 May 2016
In reply to Caspar:

I might be out of order here, but I don't think you have a "pair of tickets", I think you have an entry for the Highlander MM. It's an important distinction as that entry is for you and your friend. I would be very upset if it became the norm for people to buy entries for popular events and sell them on. That said, if you have checked with Handson events and they are happy, then I don't see the problem.
 galpinos 19 May 2016
In reply to Caspar:

There might well be a "needing partners" lost as well....
OP Caspar 21 May 2016
In reply to galpinos:

I haven't contacted Hands On other than on their Facebook, to which I got no reply. I couldn't find any contact details, but will have another look now.

It wasn't intended to be a "ticket" grab. I didn't know my partner was going to injure himself, and now a change of jobs is moving me to the other end of the country. I did, however, think that someone else might appreciate the spaces that would otherwise go unused.
 ablackett 22 May 2016
In reply to Caspar:

Fair enough, if you have tried to offload them through Hands On and they don't get back to you I can't see that anyone would have a problem. Best of luck.
 DaveHK 22 May 2016
In reply to Caspar:

Selling an entry like that could create issues for the organisers as they would not have the new teams personal details particularly the evidence of appropriate experience.

From personal experience Hands On are happy to accept substitutions if you contact them.

Details here: http://www.handsonevents.co.uk/about-us-3-4/
OP Caspar 25 May 2016
In reply to DaveHK:

HandsOn are happy for me to move them on as long as the team has MM experience. Is anyone interested?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...