UKC

Transit SWB converted camper - £2000

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fuzzysheep01 19 May 2016
premier post photo
I am selling my converted Transit (2006 SWB Medium Roof) as my travels have come to an end. I've lived in the van for the last few months, climbing all over the UK, France and Spain and it has been the ideal vehicle for the trip. The conversion is unique - all completed by myself or the previous owner - and is brilliant for stealth camping (my partner and I have lived and climbed in it for two months solid and it has never felt too small or insufficient in any way). It will be greatly missed, but unfortunately needs must. The van is not perfect on the outside - as you'd expect from a Transit of this age it has superficial rust spots here and there, some patchy paintwork and the odd dent/scratch - means that parking in dodgy crag carparks doesn't feel as risky as in a shiny, brand new VW. But for anybody wanting something suitable for the odd night on the road or longer climbing trips it is perfect. It has capacity for three to sleep as well - unusual for a SWB Transit.

Key features:
- Sleeps 2 or 3
- Leisure battery with split-charge relay, inverter and 6-gang.
- Loads of storage space
- Fridge/cooker/water dispenser/gas bottle
- MOT until 14th June
- 146,500 miles

I've included as much detail as possible in the description, but if you have any questions etc. just give me a call or text.

Interior:
- Pull-out double bed with custom-cut foam mattresses. These were built by the previous owner and are solidly built, practical and very comfortable.
- Smaller fixed single bed.
- 'Kitchen unit' with washing basin, removable plug-in fridge and gas cooker as well as plenty of storage space for kitchen equipment, food etc.
- Both beds open from above, creating substantial storage space. I have never been short of room for climbing equipment, blankets, clothes, food etc.
- Fully insulated walls, ceiling, floor and doors. The insulation consists of insulating foil beneath rigid Celotex panels, a vapour barrier, ply sheet and thick carpet. I have slept in the van in -10C in the Scottish Highlands in January and still had a good night's sleep and have kept it at a bearable temperature in 30C heat in Spain.
- Leisure battery with split-charge relay, 240v inverter and 6-gang multi-socket. Have parked up for 3-4 days at a time and never run out of power. Have simultaneously plugged in fridge, laptop, speakers, two sets of lights and a phone charger and still had no problems.
- A four-layer insulating curtain (where the bulkhead would otherwise be) comprised of two thick linen curtain layers and two insulating foil layers. This shuts out all light at night and makes a big difference to the insulation of the van.
- Thick red/purple/grey carpets on walls, ceiling and wheel arches. Feels very cosy.
- Vinyl black/white tiles on floor. Floor boards underneath have been varnished to repel any moisture from spillages etc. and ensure longevity.
- Fold up table on rear door and kitchen unit, allowing for useful surface space when cooking/eating or generally relaxing.
- Various small boxes etc. on walls for additional storage.
- Cab pretty much as expected. 4-gang 12v charger hooked up to cigarette lighter, small fabric patch over tear in driver seat cover.

Exterior:
To date (I have owned the van since 9/15) I have experienced no mechanical problems. The van drives well and has been serviced recently. I have bits of service history from previous owners and full service history from the last year. Under my ownership, the van has had:
- Tyres all replaced
- Front brake pads and discs replaced
- Tracking/axel etc. sorted
- Various minor bits (one track rod end ball joint, wipers, lights, light cover etc.)
- The underside of the van had some rust problems when I bought it, so I have invested in £700 on welding to prepare the van for its M.O.T. The underside is now sorted, with the only remaining rust of substance being a few small areas on the sill.
- Minor crack in mirror glass of RH wing mirror. Planning to replace this before sale.

Based near Dunfermline but happy to travel a bit for viewings if necessary.
Drop me a message for more photos/questions etc.
£2000 but may consider offers.

Joe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...