UKC

Springsteen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Moley 21 May 2016
Our son visited this weekend and has given us a couple of tickets to Springsteen in Manchester, he won them on a national radio phone in competition and then realised he couldn't go (work).
I've always wanted to see Bruce since 70s and never thought I would, I'm guessing he still puts on a good show? I'm chuffed anyway, just hope he hasn't deteriorated like some bands of his vintage.

Never been to Manchester, believe it is up north somewhere and I have to book a hotel as my wife refuses to sleep in the back of the car, b*gger.
Gone for good 21 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

You lucky sod!
 NathanP 21 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

I'm jealous too. I saw him in Coventry in 2013 - by far the best concert I have ever been to. I came out wishing I could go again the next night. Can't go this year to my huge disappointment.
 LeeWood 21 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

Funny, I thought of Springsteen today ... its been 28 degC and we went down to the river ...
Moley 21 May 2016
In reply to Gone for good:

> You lucky sod!

I fully appreciate the luck involved, the kind that never happens to me - till now!

A big adventure for us.
andymac 21 May 2016
In reply to LeeWood:

Strange night

It's raining,but their ain't a cloud in the sky...
 Tim Sparrow 21 May 2016
In reply to Moley:
Got tickets for Coventry, for me and my son. Third time for me, saw two of his WWembley gigs. Son will be highly embarrassed by his father I suspect. I do not expect to be able to speak for several days.
The River was played on R 2 today and I gave the vocal chords some practice.
Enjoy Moley, but brace yourself for 3 hours plus of serious sound blasting.
 RobOggie 23 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

Hope you've booked the hotel already, because to put it politely, there's f*ck all chance of getting one vaguely near Manchester now without paying big money...I recall a nice night spent on Manchester Victoria station as a consequence a couple of years back...

As for the show, it'll be my third and I've never been disappointed, even at 66 he's still one hell of a showman!

See you there
 graeme jackson 23 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

Don't drink too much before the show. Last time I saw him in Hampden he played a solid 3 hours without a break (apart from 2 minutes before he came back for an encore).
In reply to Moley: For accommodation use Air BnB. Forget city centre hotels as you'll be paying a fortune. Many hotels also insist on a minimum of 2 nights. Air BnB all the way!

Moley 23 May 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Thanks for that, but yesterday managed to book a hotel room in the centre, cheapest all gone but not too stupid a price (though the f*****s don't include breakfast). Just had to grab something quick as they were all going - but at least our tickets were free!!

Our B&B at home is on AirB&B - still waiting for a booking (a few months now), maybe if Bruce could play our local pub over the bank holiday.....
I won't be drinking before the show, not with my old mans bladder
 silhouette 23 May 2016
In reply to LeeWood:

> Funny, I thought of Springsteen today ... its been 28 degC and we went down to the river ...

A bit worrying: that song's about suicide isn't it?
 LeeWood 24 May 2016
In reply to silhouette:

Hmm, I hope not, not convinced of that. There is a hint of desperation at the end 'the river is dry' but I believe the song is largely about escape from life-problems - in the same vein as racing in the Street.
 Heike 24 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

I am going to see him in Glasgow next week, hope it's great, too! I have always wanted to see him and got tickets for my birthday!!!
afghanidan 24 May 2016
In reply to Heike:
I'm going to Cov and Wembley. Most fun you can have in a stadium. I notice the River Tour is now the edited highlights of the River Tour based on recent set lists.
 Rob Exile Ward 26 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

Saw him a couple of years ago in Cardiff. He was extraordinary. What he must have been like 30 years ago (I just missed him in Roundhay Park) is anybody's guess!
 mnorm 26 May 2016
In reply to Moley:

Fantastic concert last night despite the drenching...!
Moley 26 May 2016
In reply to mnorm:

Cold and damp Rainchester, he lit it up, great to hear those old songs performed live and appreciate what a catalogue of material he has. Also love to have seen him in 70s but so pleased I have at last seen him, and still has a voice (unlike many others of his era).

Came across as a bloke I would be happy to take down our local pub for a few beers, a natter and a bit of a singsong later. That's the highest praise I can think of for a global musical superstar.
 Glyno 26 May 2016
In reply to Moley:
I saw him 4th July 1985 at Wembley.
Best concert I've ever been to, and I've been to a few.
Post edited at 18:32
 Tim Sparrow 04 Jun 2016
In reply to Moley:
Coventry 3rd June, 3 hrs 30 of solid powerful uninterrupted relentless music. No breaks between numbers, each leading seamlessly to the next, not even for a drink of water. Fantastic connection with his audience, he sang to me, I sang my throat out! Got a young lad on stage and gave him the mike to do the vocals for Waiting on a Summers day (and he nailed it!). Not seen him since 2 Wembley visits in the 80's, and at 66 yrs old he has lost none of his drive, in fact even more polished than before. Wish I could go to Wembley tomorrow!

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Bruce-Springsteen-concert-verdict/story-29359...
Moley 05 Jun 2016
In reply to Tim Sparrow:

Tim, pity we haven't got a nice sunny venue for him here, surely there's something in Llandod or Builth? That would maybe hold 50 people!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...