UKC

Help needed editing video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 25 May 2016
I'm in the process of creating my first ever short-film for the lads at work who are promoting The Blue Lights Programme.

Apart from knocking up some home-made videos published on Youtube, I have never done anything so complex as creating a film with a specific purpose and message in mind. I've even got the thoughts of a podcast running through my mind too.

At the moment I have about 45 minutes of footage captured with two cameras, along with some good quality audio captured separately to be synced up later.

I would very much appreciate any Tips or tricks on how to put it all together. Are there any Best Practices that I should be following so that I don't make any schoolboy errors and waste a lot of time. I have a Adobe Premier Elements 14 and Audacity for the editing.

Cheers muchly

rallymania 25 May 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

didn't you ask this already?

start with the story you are trying to tell.

watch the footage through and note the bits of the footage that help tell that story. think how you'd like to put it together and lay it out roughly to see how it flows... wait until you've got the story working before you start adding titles, transition effects and all that fluff. don't be afraid to change things around but use a different sequence for each attempt so you can always jump backwards if you don't like what you did.

use sequences inside other sequences to make your life easy. name everything properly in your assets area so you can see what each bit is quickly and easily. I split my projects into bins and keep everything as organised as possible, it saves a massive amount of faff later.

most of it is common sense really
 rallymania 25 May 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

show the footage to someone else and see which bits they pick up on, this might help you trim it down if you feel it's too long

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...